What's new

My Computer and PJ64

Sparkster

Keeper Of The Impact
Like someone had posted before me. I am also experiancing some framrate problems. These are my system specs.....

Microcosft Windows XP Home edition
Compaq
AMD Athlon XP 1700
1.46 GHz
256 MB of RAM
80 Gb HD
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX
Creative SB Live! Sound card

That's it, I guess. Does anyone have any suddgestions what plugin/confinguration set ups I should use?

RadeonUser

What speed is your CPU? 1.7 ghz or 1.4 ghz??

Check to make sure you aren't using frame buffer emulation. Options, configure graphics plugin, advanced, make sure it's set to none.

zeus

The AMD XP 1700 is a 1.46ghz CPU although it performs as good as or better then a PIV 1.7ghz, hence the name. It´s all marketing.

songoku

Black Swordsman
mmm...

First, I'd like to know what kind of problem you have; I mean, how many FPS you obtain, with wich game, if the FPS are always low or it slows down in any specific circumstance, etc. . However, you could try downloading the latest detonatorXP from http://www.nvidia.com. Actually, now that I think about it, I heard someone having troubles with the latest detonators (23.11), so you may want to try the previous (21.83).

Ah, I guess i could be a problem of video card, but, as I've got a GF2Mx200 and a K6II-500, and Zelda64 w/o sound runs just fine, i believe it's just a configuration problem (I don't know anything about winXP, tho...)
see ya

taffer

jabo's sound, n-rage controller

Jabo's sound plugin is great but some games like audio sync on and some don't and you can't set this in rom settings so you'll have to change each time you load a diff rom.;)

I had framerate probs with the default controller plugin and my athlon but changed to n-rage's (which is also quite quite super btw - mouse/keyboard emulation for fps's is excellent) and had no problems. :D

Other than that there are loads of things in pj64 setting that can affect framerate - I recommend you look through the comprehensive helpfile supplied with it.