What's new

Quick Questions

TheMattrix

I'm new here and I have just a couple quick questions...

First, how many FPS do you think my computer would achieve in a typical game?
Specs:
-P4 3.4 Ghz
-Radeon 9800 pro (clocked at 450/370)
-512mb of RAM (running about pc4200 dual channel speed)
...think that's all the important stuff...

Secondly, if I had a DVD drive that wasn't slot-loading, could I play my GameCube games right from the drive?

And lastly, do you have any plans for controller support with the next release? I have a nifty GCN -> USB converter that I like to use for some games, and if I could use that, it would be sweet! :)

Thanks!

Gorxon

Administrator
TheMattrix said:
I'm new here and I have just a couple quick questions...

First, how many FPS do you think my computer would achieve in a typical game?
Specs:
-P4 3.4 Ghz
-Radeon 9800 pro (clocked at 450/370)
-512mb of RAM (running about pc4200 dual channel speed)
...think that's all the important stuff...

Games like Zelda would run at perhaps 4-7 FPS. 2D games like Bust-A-Move probably at 90-100FPS.

Secondly, if I had a DVD drive that wasn't slot-loading, could I play my GameCube games right from the drive?

Nope, GC games cannot be read in a normal DVD drive. Backupping discs are also not allowed to discuss on this forum, but search on google and you'll find plenty of pages that tells you how.

And lastly, do you have any plans for controller support with the next release? I have a nifty GCN -> USB converter that I like to use for some games, and if I could use that, it would be sweet! :)

Thanks!

Hmm...don't think I can give you a good answer on that as I am not making this emu, but I think they will make a plugin system spec that is public. If, and when, I dunno. Also, I am pretty sure you could just assign our GC controller to your keyboard keys then use it in Dolphin. You would loose analog support though.

Looks like I was beat to the punch

No you cannot play the games direct from your DVD drive because the GCN DVDs are far different and there currently aren't any know drives that read them.
As for the new features only the authors know whats next and they aren't inclined to bark at your requests so don't bother asking.

OP
T

TheMattrix

Wow, not too bad...
I get about 4-7 fps (good guess!) when doing lots of 3d stuff, and I get anywhere from 30-75 in menus. All the while encoding video :D

And 150 in the storyboard :D

Last edited: