I noticed that Rice has just released a new version of his great video plugin for N64 emulators, simply called "Rice Video Plugin". Well done, Rice.
Here's what's new:
Rice Video 5.5.0 Readme
1. Big change with the plugin configuration dialog
* Options are seperated into multiple pages
* Options are arranged, easy to understand and to use, options combinations are more meanful and flexible.
* Allow to access all game settings without touching the INI file.
* Detecting adapter supported full screen resolution
* Detecing adapter supported Full Screen Anti-Aliasing modes
* Detecing adapter supported Anisotropy filtering feature
* Hide/Show advanced options
* Allow to use WinFrame mode
* Allow to select texture quality
2. Full TMEM emulation, can be turned on/off
3. Hq2x and lq2x filter
4. Full hardware accelerated frame buffer emulation in DirectX
- Works fine and fast for more games.
- Very configurable
- Render-to-texture options are seperated from primary back buffer emulation options
5. Turning screen saver on/off automatically
6. Better fog implementation
7. A lot of other fixes:
8. New features with DirectX
- Full Screen Anti-Aliasing
- Anisotropy filtering
- Onscreen information display with configurable color
- Full screen mode refresh frequency
- Semi-pixel shader combiner to increase speed from complete pixel-shader combiner
1. The new frame buffer emulation implementation is not fully tested with all games. Zelda OOT, Mario Tennis, Pokemon, Banjo Koozie, Banjo Tooie, Zelda MM, PD are tested and working OK.
2. The plugin is tested on Geforce FX5200, ATI Radeon 9600 and Geforce2 MX400. It works fine with these video cards.
3. I know some games are broken, like Dr. Mario. Please use older version for such games
4. This new version is using a new INI file. You need both the DLL and the INI.
EDIT: Two fixes has been released:
Changes in version 5.5.0b
- Sorting full screen mode resolutions and windowed mode resolutions bug fix
- Texture coordinate bug fix (Appeared as that Zelda OOT trees got disappeared.)
- INI change for Conker to enable frame buffer options for the pause screen
Changes in version 5.5.0b2
- Fix the hq2x/lq2x filter texture red edge problem. The algorithm is now
working as it should, enjoy it if you have a faster CPU.
- A new frame buffer emulation to "Double small render-to-texture size" to get
the better results out of what you video card can do.
EDIT: 5.5.1 WIP was released
changes in version 5.5.1
- free of locking itself after incorrect stop of the previous game
- hq4x filter, WIP only, to use as it.
- Bug fixes for hq2x/lq2x filter. They won't freeze your DirectX driver anymore
- Ogre Battle background, thanks Gonetz to point out the 1964 JPEG decompression problem, and release the source code of the new glide64.
In order to get Ogre Battle background working correctly, you need to use emulators which support JPEG decompression. PJ64 does it. 1964 0.99 has problems to support JPEG for this game. 1964 0.85 + PJ64 RSP can do it.
Click here to download Rice Video Plugin 5.5.1 WIP