What's new

rices video plugin

minkster

is there a program that could emulate pixel shader using the cpu power for gfx cards that dont support pixel shader? just like evoodoo is made for glide 64

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
minkster said:
is there a program that could emulate pixel shader using the cpu power for gfx cards that dont support pixel shader? just like evoodoo is made for glide 64
No..Thats what I think and suffer..

BFeely

minkster said:
I guess you don't mind getting 10 or less FPS. Also, there is a pixel shader emulator. It is Direct3D's Reference Rasterizer. Don't plan on getting more than 1 FPS with that though. And I don't think you can even choose it in Rice's plugins.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Right, by installing DirectX SDK, you will be able to use REFerence device with which you can emulate pixel shader by using your CPU power.

Btw, my plugin current version does not suppor REF device.

OP
minkster

minkster

Rice said:
Right, by installing DirectX SDK, you will be able to use REFerence device with which you can emulate pixel shader by using your CPU power.

Btw, my plugin current version does not suppor REF device.

will it support the ref device in in future versions of your plugin? btw 1964 rulez and keep up the good work :)

Allnatural

minkster said:
will it support the ref device in in future versions of your plugin? btw 1964 rulez and keep up the good work :)
The reference rasterizer is great for confirming emulation bugs, but the speed is far too slow to be useful for more than that.