What's new

Hardware\Software F.A.Q.

0z0n

Oxygen pillow
Ask questions about "iron", and receive on them answers as far as I can operatively answer I do not know, but I hope, that understanding in hardware it is not less people, than people which have questions.
Here are not discussed problemms, here it is possible to find out tactical and technical parameters of devices.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Ok, here are two problems:

* I have an Interact HammerHead FX pad, which has 10 useable buttons out of 12. Two of them are for pad functions, but if you don't install the included profile software, you can use the button marked "Profile Editor" as button 12. Now if you find a way to unlock button 11 (marked "Rumble on/off") so it can be used in games (for example), i would be very thankful. It shouldn't be too hard: you just need to find out if the button is locked somewhere in the pad's circuits or if the drivers prevent DirectX from detecting the button. Good luck there ;)

* I have a fan rotating at 5400+ rpms in a Asus A7V333 board with the qfan function. If cyou consider I have a slight knowledge of electronics, what steps do I need to follow to altere the way Qfan function? To be more precise: as far as I know, Qfan sends a not-contant 12V current to make the fan run slower. If you can supply me witha nice pictorial that shows step by step how to change the frequency of the !"V current intervals I will twice as thankful :p

OP
0z0n

0z0n

Oxygen pillow
* I have a fan rotating at 5400+ rpms in a Asus A7V333 board with the qfan function. If cyou consider I have a slight knowledge of electronics, what steps do I need to follow to altere the way Qfan function? To be more precise: as far as I know, Qfan sends a not-contant 12V current to make the fan run slower. If you can supply me witha nice pictorial that shows step by step how to change the frequency of the !"V current intervals I will twice as thankful :p

Tell, you want to lower quantity of revolutions in a minute?
Or simply to lower speed of rotation of the fan, what to lower noise level?

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
you want to lower quantity of revolutions in a minute?
Or simply to lower speed of rotation of the fan

Assume I know nothing of physics, but isn't that the same thing? :p

OP
0z0n

0z0n

Oxygen pillow
Ok, you can lower rpm I even I can tell how, but the first that needs to be learned, what processor at you?
Simply the above frequency of rotation of a cooler, the is better cooling the processor.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Ok, it's a duron 1200, running at smooth 30°C. Running it at 40°C or slightly more shouldn't be a prob, notice the fan is quite fast (unnecesarly fast)

OP
0z0n

0z0n

Oxygen pillow
It is possible to put an adapter, or the adapter (is shorter, Silent Fan SF-01 so it is written to its instructions) in system case and to not be afraid, that the processor will burn down.
hard2.jpg

sheik124

Emutalk Member
NeTo said:
Q-Fan is fully controllable from the BIOS AFAIK, make sure you get the latest BIOS first, then mess around

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Not on a A7V333. On/off is as far as you'll get there.

and to not be afraid, that the processor will burn down
I hope I understood what you meant there :rolleyes:

Indeed, I have seen that adapter before, but what I wanted is to make my own :) Is way more cheap building it myself considering where I live (that's what I asked for a pictorial)

OP
0z0n

0z0n

Oxygen pillow
Mine CPU - Athlon XP 1900+
MotherBoard - ECS K7VTA3
UpTime 25916 sec (0 days, 7 hours, 11 min, 56 sec)
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type ITE IT8705F
Sensor Access ISA 290h
Motherboard Name ECS K7VTA3

Temperatures
Motherboard 48 °C (118 °F)
CPU 51 °C (124 °F)
Aux 52 °C (126 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 3125 RPM
Chassis 2637 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.70 V
+2.5 V 2.50 V
+3.3 V 2.99 V
+5 V 3.84 V
+12 V 9.73 V
VBAT Battery 2.03 V

At that my processor is more powerful, than Duron 1,2Gz, temperature normal, as well as speed work of a cooler. I do not know, it is possible to you the cooler is necessary for your type of the processor.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I actually think 5400+ rpms are too much for any duron processor (it's almost twice as yours), especially if you're not going to overclock it ;). And if you keep the line of tought (At that my processor is more powerful...), then i don't need those extra rpms, because since my processor is less pwerful it generates less heat, and requieres less cooling.