What's new

Mame32plus Bios

SonicTails5

I noticed these Bios, but I don't know what effect they have on the games, much less what they are for or do?

In the Bios section of MAME32PLUS .79, you have the choice of selecting what 3 Bios you want to use.

Some are USA BIOS, JAPAN BIOS, EUROPE BIOS, ETC. ALL UNDER ST-V BIOS.

Then there's Megaplay Bios (What is that?)

And then the US BIOS, JAPAN BIOS, ASIA A.E.S, EUROPE, UNIBIOS [HACK VER 1.2] (MOST LIKELY THE UNIVERSAL BIOS RIGHT?), ETC. ALL UNDER NEO-GEO.

What is the purpose and what effect do they have and does anyone of them have an affect on any CPS2 game.

One more thing, this version of MAME32PLUS .79 doesn't seem to play any King of Fighter games. I don't see KOF on the list of playable games (Not available, playable). Why is that and doesn't it the defeats the purpose of them BIOS UNDER Neo-Geo if THE NEOGEO GAMES are not playable?

Last edited:

Allnatural

It's not unlike Playstation emulation. Some arcade systems require the bios to be present in order to emulate them. I'm not sure what the technical reasons are, but needless to say the systems in question can't be emulated without their respective bios.

*ST-V bios - needed for the ST-V hardware, similar to the Sega Saturn
*Megaplay bios - I believe the Megaplay was similar to the PC-10 hardware, but it ran Megadrive "ports"
*NeoGeo - should be obvious

The region you select for each bios effects only the systems mentioned above. The most obvious difference is usually a language change. It has nothing to do with CPS2 or any other hardware system.

If the KOF games are unavailable it means one of two things, wrong romsets or wrong bios. Both are frequently updated, so the easiest solution is to download from a site with the most recent sets.

Last edited: