What's new

is there a way to emulate pixel shader???

Knuckles

yeah , I already tried, 3d analyzer is not 100% perfect, I sent that as a report to them to fix it.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
bLAdEbLA said:
Pixel shaders, it does.

It doesn't emulate, it just makes the program think the hardware think it has them. The game thinks it does, so it bypasses that, thus why things hardly look right when used with 3danalyze+Pixel Shader.

It does emulate HW TnL though.

Strange

Correct... There is no any pixel shader emulation - shader effects doesn`t work with this program...

0z0n

Oxygen pillow
Hello!
I'm new in this forum, but I interesting in this theme.
I have a GeForce 2MX 400 w/32MB VRAM, can I do something, for software emulation pixel shaders any version newer than 0.5?
I have a 3D Analyzer ver. 2.31 but I can test pixel shaders on 3D Mark 2001. No hardware support... What can I do?!

Last edited:
OP
S

Shadow-Gx

cooliscool said:
It doesn't emulate, it just makes the program think the hardware think it has them. The game thinks it does, so it bypasses that, thus why things hardly look right when used with 3danalyze+Pixel Shader.

It does emulate HW TnL though.

lol then your definition of emulation would be? :)

radlinker works for ati cards. it just uses pixel shader 1.4 but it's ok for me.
thanks to all the people that helped me
cheers from chile
(we speak spanish here lol)

Shadow-Gx
"El Ke Logre EnTenDerlO La LLEa jajajaj"

Trotterwatch

lol then your definition of emulation would be?

He is saying, that it can make the HW identify itself as being Pixel Shader compatible (so any games that check for this functionality will in theory load - whereas without it'd just tell you to buy a newer card or something :p) This doesn't actually emulate the shader though, so whatever shader effects are used will not be shown, as such it'd probably look like a sack of shit.

Strange

2 0z0n
There is no way to emulate PS for now... It will be more easy if you buy a new videocard ;-) GF2MX is really piece of crap...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
0z0n said:
Hello!
I'm new in this forum, but I interesting in this theme.
I have a GeForce 2MX 400 w/32MB VRAM, can I do something, for software emulation pixel shaders any version newer than 0.5?
I have a 3D Analyzer ver. 2.31 but I can test pixel shaders on 3D Mark 2001. No hardware support... What can I do?!
You will NEVER EVER probably be able to emulate pixel shader!
If you did, you'd need a fast cpu like hell! If your card do not support pixel shader, then you need a new card. This would be the cheapest and best solution. Even if there WAS a way to emulate pixel shader.