What's new

Editing Gameshark Codes

GoodBye

When I go to add gameshark codes, it doesn't show up. How can I activate those gameshark codes that I added?

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
What exactly do you mean? I can add codes and get them to work... I'll try walking you through this. Don't take it the wrong way, but there seems to be a lot of people who don't really know how to use the cheat settings... ;)

1. Load the ROM (I'll be using Super Mario 64 here)
2. Select Cheats from the Options menu
3. Click the New tab
4. Type in the code (Note that even though you can't type "00**" in the second code box, it's enough to type the last two letters if it's a "00**" code. For example, if you want to type a code that ends with 0048, it's enough to type 48 - the program will add the 00 automatically)
5. Click insert
6. Tick the cheat that you want to use. (May require a restart)

OP
G

GoodBye

What do you mean by Tick the cheat? And also I have tried the add new cheat that way before. I have had errors everytime I do that new cheat codes

OP
G

GoodBye

Gameshark Codes

I figured out that I had to start a new cheat code list. I just couldn't add onto the one that the Project64 came with. Why do you think that I had to do that?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
GoodBye: Hello

:hrm:

GoodBye: Hello :)
Well i must say, You've got my Attention
I figured out that I had to start a new cheat code list. I just couldn't add onto the one that the Project64 came with. Why do you think that I had to do that?

Royal Fool: :hrm: Again.
Sorry you lost Me there Too
I would suggest, If i may be so Bold.
That you both take a visit to the PJ64 Cheats Web Site.
The link is below.

Oh & Royal Fool, Just a little Advice :)
Pressing the Add to DB, Really Helps after Insert when adding a new code.

Last edited: