What's new

DarkMan's DirectInput v2.0 released

Clements

Yep, DarkMan's DirectInput v2.0 has been released and is available at:

http://mrdario.tripod.com/plugins/plugins.htm

"DarkMan's DirectInput v2.0 is input plugin for Nintendo 64 emulators based on Common Controller plugin spec version #1.0 by zilmar. It is intended for playing 3D FPS games like Doom 64, Duke Nukem 64, GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark, Quake 64, Turok, Turok 2,... etc."

I don't know the changelog though!

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
What advantages does this offer over N-Rage's plugin (besides being currently worked on)?

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Qun Mang said:
What advantages does this offer over N-Rage's plugin (besides being currently worked on)?
It designed specially for 3D FPS games and works very well. It has very convenient profiles for most N64 shooters, you don't need to spend much time for configuration. N-Rage's plugin can be used for 3D FPS too, but I prefer to use DarkMan's plugin.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Hmm. I'll have to take a look then. Not many N64 FPS games that I'm interested in, but there are a few like GoldenEye.

khanmeister

Banned
Qun Mang said:
Hmm. I'll have to take a look then. Not many N64 FPS games that I'm interested in, but there are a few like GoldenEye.

I gave it a shot this morning and got nothing in PD but the cursor constantly scrolling up and to the left. Very much doubt it's my setup.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Well. *That* was an interesting experience. I see what Darkman is trying to attempt with this plugin, but I think I will go back to using the controller. I gave PD a try with it and it mostly worked, but for some reason I could not go backwards. I got pressed up against a wall after pressing W to go forward, then couldn't go anywhere from there. I wonder if this is related to km's problem of the cursor moving up and to the left constantly? I did make the mistake of using the W key in the menus (couldn't figure out how to exit the input menu after selecting style 1.2- turned out to be E) and the cursor went crazy like km mentioned. Once I reset the game, I was careful to only use the mouse and E to select 1.2 and managed to get into the game. I should probably experiment, but I'm happy with using the controller.

khanmeister

Banned
Qun Mang said:
Well. *That* was an interesting experience. I see what Darkman is trying to attempt with this plugin, but I think I will go back to using the controller. I gave PD a try with it and it mostly worked, but for some reason I could not go backwards. I got pressed up against a wall after pressing W to go forward, then couldn't go anywhere from there. I wonder if this is related to km's problem of the cursor moving up and to the left constantly? I did make the mistake of using the W key in the menus (couldn't figure out how to exit the input menu after selecting style 1.2- turned out to be E) and the cursor went crazy like km mentioned. Once I reset the game, I was careful to only use the mouse and E to select 1.2 and managed to get into the game. I should probably experiment, but I'm happy with using the controller.

See, therein lies the problem: I hate joysticks for FPS. I've never played any of these games (yet) for just that reason. Seems like Darkman's plugin could be the answer to me wasting hours in Golden Eye, PD, etc.

ggab

Emutalk Member
i found bugs with the new 2.1 (and 2.0 version),. it doesn't work with PJ64....
and with 1964 0.99, hangs up, when u post F4... and the settings are not saved.

only with v1.2 seems to work right... but still has minor bugs...

PS: thanks to DarkMan for release the source, maybe someone can help him. this is a great plugin. http://mrdario.tripod.com/plugins/plugins.htm

ggab

Emutalk Member
still v2.2 has some bugs (tested only in winXP):
1. if u change the config, in input's options (from 1964), and press OK (save, no?), the config is not changed really... but if u quit the emulator, and open PJ64, enter in input's options again, the config is exactly how i set from 1964, so it seems like, the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DarkMan\DarkMan_DInput) is loaded correctly from PJ64, and always is the default from 1964...
2. in Project64 the plugin (verson 2.0, 2.1 & 2.2) never works... when u launch a game, the emulator closes itself...

winXP create a "appcomp.txt" in Temp folder:

Code:
(?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
(DATABASE>
(EXE NAME="Project64.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
    (MATCHING_FILE NAME="Project64.exe" SIZE="188416" CHECKSUM="0x2396080F" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="08/28/2002 20:36:19" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/28/2002 20:36:19" />
(/EXE>
(EXE NAME="DarkMan_DInput.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    (MATCHING_FILE NAME="DarkMan_DInput.dll" SIZE="167936" CHECKSUM="0xAB958C04" BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.2.0.1" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.2.0.1" PRODUCT_VERSION="2, 2, 0, 1" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Nintendo 64 Input Plugin" PRODUCT_NAME="DarkMan_DInput Dynamic Link Library" FILE_VERSION="2, 2, 0, 1" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="DarkMan_DInput.DLL" INTERNAL_NAME="DarkMan_DInput" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) March 2004. Darko Matesic" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.2.0.1" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.2.0.1" LINK_DATE="05/09/2004 11:03:40" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/09/2004 11:03:40" VER_LANGUAGE="Inglés (Estados Unidos) [0x409]" />
(/EXE>
(EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    (MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="983552" CHECKSUM="0x65BBCB8E" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" FILE_DESCRIPTION="DLL de cliente API BASE de Windows NT" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Sistema operativo Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Reservados todos los derechos." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xFAB9A" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" LINK_DATE="09/09/2002 20:50:09" UPTO_LINK_DATE="09/09/2002 20:50:09" VER_LANGUAGE="Español (alfabetización internacional) [0xc0a]" />
(/EXE>
(/DATABASE>
i replace "<" with "(" because vBulletin think it is html code)
i'll post a shot with the error message

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
3. in 1964, when a game is windowed, if u try to move the emulator window, the mouse cursor becames very crazy! it is almost imposible to change settings...(also to close the emulator it's very difficult).
4. in 1964 too (well the only emu that v2.2 works), if u don't select the keyboard Profile, it's very uncomfortable to play games, just the others FPSgames profiles set the stick control to the mouse moves, if mario wants to walk, i need to move the mouse up, and up... (to raise it and to continue sliding it upwards) the same moves to the anothers directions (left, right and down in the real analog stick).

darko79

I don't know why you have these problems. To me it works fine in 1964 and PJ64. I was always testing it in PJ64 so I missed those two bugs that I fixed in v2.2. I have just tried with PJ64 v1.5 and v1.5 SP1 and GoldenEye 007 works fine.
Configuration is saved correctly in both emus and I have no wierd mouse movements (if menu controls don't respond turn off mouse lock in config).

Problems that I don't have I can't fix.

PS: I don't recommend playing Mario (or any other non FPS game) with my plugin, especially using Keyboard profile with analog controls set to mouse.