What's new

Star Wars Pod Racer emulation with expansion pak

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Hi. Im having problems with Starwars Pod racer on the 1.5b emulator with the service pak installed.

If i run Pod racer without the 4mb expansion pak option on i can see everything on screen and it runs ok (minus all the features of the 8mb version cause the extra memory is not there).

But when i click the add 4mb expansion pak option and then load the rom the screen is blank top half and half is off the bottom of the screen!

Any one know how to fix this? Is there something i can alter or tick as i cant see almost half the screen now.

Thanks for all your help!

Computer specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2000)
Chaintech Summit CT-7 NIL 1 Mobo (Nvidia NForce 2)
1 gig 3200 DDR 400mhz memory
Nvidia Gainward FX Powerpack! 5900 Ultra/1600XP (256megDDR)
120 gig HD
Audigy Player 24bit Sound card

All latest drivers (and beta)

skull1

im9i7
HShadow said:
Hi. Im having problems with Starwars Pod racer on the 1.5b emulator with the service pak installed.

If i run Pod racer without the 4mb expansion pak option on i can see everything on screen and it runs ok (minus all the features of the 8mb version cause the extra memory is not there).

But when i click the add 4mb expansion pak option and then load the rom the screen is blank top half and half is off the bottom of the screen!

Any one know how to fix this? Is there something i can alter or tick as i cant see almost half the screen now.

Thanks for all your help!

Computer specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2000)
Chaintech Summit CT-7 NIL 1 Mobo (Nvidia NForce 2)
1 gig 3200 DDR 400mhz memory
Nvidia Gainward FX Powerpack! 5900 Ultra/1600XP (256megDDR)
120 gig HD
Audigy Player 24bit Sound card

All latest drivers (and beta)

First thing to try is use the final version of PJ64 1.5 Don't use the beta.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
You don't need the expansion pak. All it does is offer "Hi-res", and since you're kinda ignoring the N64's res to begin with, it's quite meaningless.

OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Tagrineth said:
You don't need the expansion pak. All it does is offer "Hi-res", and since you're kinda ignoring the N64's res to begin with, it's quite meaningless.

Which plugin would u suggest? Im using standard expansion pak one Jabo is it?

OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
rcgamer said:
glide 0.5 and evoodoo 3.25 run the game beautifully.

Thanks for your help so far guys. 1st off. How do i change my profile here so i can add my computer info to each post?

2nd. Where would i get Glide (work with Nvidia?) and the other one which ive just forgotten!?

Hehe thanks all

rcgamer

the old guy
get glide in the plugins section and evoodoo from the misc section. put the .dll's in your system 32 folder of windowsxp (or just your 1964 folder) and put the .cpl in 1964 folder. put glide in your plugins folder.