What's new

Donkey Kong 64 und kein Camera Jump!!!

OP
C

ComanderBlair

Re: actually...

crhylove said:
i was talkin' about 1964. pj is a little slow on this old dog. only in 1964 can i tweak the settings to get decent play on a few roms.

it's a k6-3 with PCI ati rage 128...

hmmm.....the cpu speed (assume you got a 500+) should be fairly enough for the Emulator, but your Video card could be slow.

I got a duron800 (o/c @950) with a geforce 2, and some roms run slow for me , too.

but you can try this:

After started the rom, goto Opitins->Settings->Rom Options, and change the Counter Factor to anything above 2. You have to try wich one suits you best. That should speed up a little bit.

signed,

ComanderBlair

P.S. I'm sorry i missunderstood the PJ64 thing in here. :(

Rice

Emulator Developer
For anyone wants to play DK64, 0.7.3 has a few bugs that affect DK. Use 0.7.1 because it is working better.

crhylove

Banned
cf settings.

it's only a 400 mhz... :( and yeah, i mess with cf settings, i've posted about changing the overall emu cf hotkey thing, although that rarely alters much, most games need a cf of 5 or 6 in the rom setting area with my config. but i'm not going 2 buy a new vid card till i get an athlon with an agp slot.

i have the money now, but getting it ok'd by my finance dept. (aka girlfriend), when she see's me playing n64 games, is a tough sell. any ideas? i've used the "other excuse" clause often, as in, i use the computer for recording music, etc. (http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/194/communizt_vagina.html) but given, that i'm online d/l'ing romz and testing :1964: all the time, she is really reluctant to ok my new athlon purchase (about $150 with shipping pricewatch mb/chip/case).

rhy:devil::naked:

Glurak

ComanderBlair said:
it's there:

"Donkey Kong 64 on PJ 64 works"

btw, the thread in the pj64 forum may sound a bit confusing....dunno....and so i thought chrylove may have checked it, and didn't get what i meant. that's why i replied to him here....*g*

signed,

ComanderBlair

ah I've seen it now sorry ;) I need glasses or something ;)

MADrigal

G&W programmer
1964 rulez (finally!)

Hello everybody there :)

After a *lot* of scepticism, I changed my mind about 1964 yesterday. I've been able to load and play DK64 for around 1 hour yesterday and it ROCKS! It's not emulated perfecty (lots of triangles disappear, DK has some odd blinlking triangles), but it's very fast (60 fps fulltime on my machine) and stable.

I configured Jabo's D3D7 as said above, but I couldn't get the game work on PJ64. It worked so-so on 1.3

My machine: Abit KT7 + Duron 700 + gf2mx + 256MB + AWE 32

Later!

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Moinsen, Leute :D
Ok ok...ich hör ja schon auf, diese grausame sprache zu brabbeln :p

Well...I got a problem with DK 64...first when I tried to start it, I only got to read that there was no expansion set ...
So I checked it in the game settings...but since then, I only get a black screen... can anybody help me with that, please? :) (even though I´m just another "crazy kraut" :D )

Aaahh...another thing...I´m sure you did...but it won´t hurt asking ;) ...so...
Did you know that you can use PJ64-saves with 1964? (only the original game-saves though...not the emu-saves)

Tschüssi, Leute :D

PS: Hey...all you emu-developers out there...I could marry you all for giving me the chance to ply all my favourite games... :inlove:
Just great work you do :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Engeljaeger said:
PS: Hey...all you emu-developers out there...I could marry you all for giving me the chance to ply all my favourite games... :inlove:
Just great work you do :)

u better b a girl, cuz most(if not all) of these ppl r guys!:D

arman

donkey kong64 works on n64 im werry happy im glad it worked.
anyway my point is the speed on the game is on 15-20fps explain that. please :D

OP
C

ComanderBlair

try pressing STRG + 1-8.

one of those settings should speed things up :)

signed,

ComanderBlair

P.S. At the beginning it's a bit slow. in-game it should work quite well.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
heh, arman, they r suggesting u to play with the counter factor.
if i remembered correctly, ur the first person to try this.:D

anyway, the higher the number, the faster ur emu goes(but choppier). think of it as a frame skip that could crash ur emu(just dont set it too high)

OCTuuk

jaaaaaah sehr gut ja
ich finden es sehr toll dass ich eine gruss von vruger will tun
heil hitler
//:-=)