What's new in 5.4.2 over 5.4.1:
- Most reported bugs are fixed.
- Software vertex clipper is almost perfect now.
- Texture coordinate generation (TextGen) bug fix. Many games have correct texture now, including PD intro, DK body, Mario Parties the mushroom, GE cougar magnum gun texture, etc.
- Golden Eye multiplayer mode flickering fix
- PD and GE glass door texture bug fix
- PD colorful wall bug fix
- Texture TLUT bug fix (again)
- Conker grass texture bug fix
- Ready 2 Rumble texture fix
- Tetris 64 (J) ucode fix
- Doom 64 fix, almost all geometry glitches are fixed by the better vertex clipper
I hope most geometry glitches are fixed by the better vertex clipper for all ATI and Nvidia new video cards.
PS: Older video cards don't have to use the vertex clipper unless you have to. The software vertex clipper is CPU intensive, it is not good for slower CPUs.
Changes in 5.4.1:
- Improved software vertex clipper, helps to solve many minor glitches in many games
- Bug fixes:
Full screen bug, pure function call error
Texture LUT bug
- Games improved:
* Goldeneye, specially for multiple player mode
* Fighting Force 64
* Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub-Zero
What's new in 5.4.0:
1. A complicated and comprehensive software vertex clipper
2. DirectX pixel shader 1.1
3. Better CPU frame buffer support
The software triangle/vertex clipper is a very big deal, together with the existing Force Software T&L feature, it should get rid off almost all the geometry problems for most new video cards (video cards that were working slightly better with Force Software T&L feature on).
Pixel shader feature is another very big deal. Version 1.1 is just enough to support N64 combiners, and is widely supported by any DirectX 8/9 video cards. (See my previous video card poll thread). If your video card is DX8 or DX9 compatible, you will be very happy since almost all combiner problems should be gone.
Dr. Mario, Mario Tennis should working better now, at least these frame buffer effects are finally working on my Radeon 9600 now. (Yes, I have bought a 9600, so I can understand the Radeon problem and program the pixel shader feature.)
I will post a few shots later.