What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.4.2, updated from 5.4.0 and 5.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcgamer

the old guy
Nighty0 said:
Goldeneye is perfect to me, but a kinda slow (18Vi/s). The video plugins uses more than 60% of CPU........

Zelda is awesome!!!!!!!! and fast (without framebuffer) :(

Strange errors in paper mario with 5.4.2/5.4.1 and a screenshot with Gln64 041
And a log file created by rice 5.31 plugin (that have the same errors of 5.4.x)......

here is how it is working for me.
no framebuffer , and n64 textures and fiiltering, in pixel shader.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Right, Paper Mario works fine by not to use N64 frame buffer feature.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
rcgamer

Do you mind to use F12 or ALT-PrintScreen key to take a windowed screen shot instead of posting the shot of your whole screen. Thanks.

khanmeister

Banned
I discovered almost immediate problems with Dr Mario on default settings, until I switched to Software T&L and Software Clipping. Not sure which one fixed it.

Also, I went through and deleted all the old registry settings. It would be nice to have a little tool for that, what with all the releases! :D Thanks for the great and improving plugin!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time equipment menu don't have a picture of Link
and there are blotches of colors:

rcgamer

the old guy
man, rice you are getting very close to cracking the pokemon snap problem. the only thing i couldnt do was see the pictures after i took them. and actually with the right combination of settings, you can see the pictures ever so breifly when you click on one, but it pops up only for a millisecond,. with all the other plugins i couldnt move the camera or see the instructions the professor was giving, and when i went to turn in the pictures it wouldnt let me choose the pictures or anything. Yours is so close to getting this game working.
also your gpu shows pokemon you couldnt even see before. I'm very excited about this and i dont even like pokemon. I just feel like it could be a huge key to getting near perfect emulation.
You are a god, there is none higher ahuhhuh. (bad beavis and butthead refferance.)
we are not worthy.

rcgamer

the old guy
RJARRRPCGP said:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time equipment menu don't have a picture of Link
and there are blotches of colors:

try these settings, it works for me.

pixel shaders
fog
st&l
clipping
at cdi change (maybe dont need this one.)
render to texture plus
fine texture mapping

force linear filter as well.

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
RJARRRPCGP said:
Some missing polygons in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:

With software clipping and software t & L 5.4.2 is a major improvement.

Snowboard Kids 2 is almost perfect, the only problem is the multiplayer selection buttons (ie 1 player, 2 player, 3 player, 4 player have black square edges, and they are round buttons!

South Park Rally still has that annoying background in front problem. Only works with Jabo 1.2?

Star Wars Rogue Squadron starts to show stuff, but doesn't go in game. (I know, I know, this is a not being worked on one).

Shadows of the Empire is fully wacked!

Quake 2 is nearly perfect, as far as i can tell.

RR64 is really close to perfect, but the rear view mirror is funkafied.

Mortal Kombat 4 is flawless, near as I can tell.

Dr Mario is nearly perfect, though it ate it on a state save, for some reason.

DK 64 seems perfect, never played this one before, though, so....

Gauntlet runs well, but feels slow, and there's no sound. Also there is a flicker atop the screen.

Cruis'n USA runs really well, but there are occasional hiccups, and the Vid Plugin usage goes up. This game is stupid compared to Cruis'n World, anyway, but the chick at the end of the level is hot.

Dark Rift still shows no models, and the whole emu starts stuttering.

Destruction Derby plays well, doesn't seem quite as fast as other games, though, like it's just a hair laggy.... maybe that's the game itself, dunno, looks really pretty though.

That's all for now!

revl8er

That Damn Good
Wow, another release so soon. You have been working hard Rice. I'm glad to see frequent updates on a video plugin. Keep up the good work.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
rcgamer said:
try these settings, it works for me.

pixel shaders
fog
st&l
clipping
at cdi change (maybe dont need this one.)
render to texture plus
fine texture mapping

force linear filter as well.

Unfortunately, still some missing polygons:

amano

Is it just me, or do the stars in Super Mario Bros are half golden, half black now?

I remember one of Jabo's plugins where this happened once.
I will post a screensshot later. I have to leave my home now.

Tnx for the update rice. This is a hot place currently ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.