What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.4.2, updated from 5.4.0 and 5.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Rice said:
Puzzle league problem was fixed after 5.4.1.

Are you using soft vertex clipper? If yes, then you have to wait until I can get hold of a FX5200 video card. The software clipper isn't working as good as it works for Radeons, please pixel shader / alpha compare problems for Nvidia.

The software clipper is pretty good, but still generates bad vertexes under certain situations.

Rice, did you get a chance to see the Goldeneye 007 screenshots I posted?

Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5.x has the metal boxes and wooden boxes correct and your GFX plugin gives the metal boxes and wooden boxes the wrong color and wrong texture rendering, please see the Goldeneye 007 with Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5.1 screenshots.

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
*/OFFTOPIC/*

About all this overclocking crap.......
A screenshot and a reg file to enable the overclock (grabed in http://www.guru3d.com)

My drivers are the 53.06 beta from guru3d too (more stable to me than official 53.03)

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
wow, I just tried pilot wings with your plugin rice and all i can say is wow. Nice . This is definitely the best this game has ever looked. no weird shadows. Minor (very minor) flickering , and slowdown. Wowee.
I dont understand my problem with mario tennis and your plugin . I just get errors when i try to use your gpu with this game for some reason. odd.

ryanraab

Sweet I hope you keep releasing updates frequelty. Rice you champion. Mostly because the baddest thing with n64 emulation is the graphics and soon you will change that.

rcgamer

the old guy
I dont know if you were expecting this but here is a screen of mario golf. there are still some graphics problems when you are hitting the ball the graphics are screwy. this is in limited 3stage combiner. but there is green grass. This is with 5.4.2

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
doesnt work as well in any other combiner mode that ive tried. also mario tennis is now playing pretty well for me after i switched the textures to n64 textures and n64 texture filters with no framebuffer. looks pretty good but uses a lot of cpu for video. result is minor slowdown.

ryanraab

Battle tanks and Battle tanks global assualt crash. With 5.4.1 battle tanks 1 works better but still crashes. Also fighting force you have to take speed limit of to make it work better. It gets upto 200 VI/s it plays fast but it's better then when it plays slow. So you should change the limit for fighting forces VI/s to where it plays normal speed. Doesn't really matter though. I hope you get all the fighting force 64 graphics glitches fixed.

Once those 3 games get better they don't need to be perfect just better. Your plugin will be perfect.

Wish you luck on making the greatest plugin ever.

Edit: 1080 works perfect now with 5.4.2 sweet.

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

rice 5.4.2 bugs report

Good work !!! a lot of glitches disappeared now with rice 5.4.2. Thanks for all

here some new bugs:

beetle adventure racing : well the color of the car are now correct but. the sky is now grey.Have to use force linear filter to avoid the car glitching

doom64: their is a problem with the menu: I mean that when you press "new game" the menu should disappear and appear above (see screenshots)

perfect dark: some blue textures on a statue (depend on the point of view ?!)

mario kart 64: the car are now framed in black in pixel shader (work with limited combiner 3)

BUT their something better with zelda: the quest status !!! and that is great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
I have no glitches in beetle adv. racing. Looks great. using pixel shader combiner and n64textures and filtering with no framebuffer.

rcgamer

the old guy
I tryed mario kart and in limited 3 stage combiner it looks fine as well. again n64 textures and filtering with no framebuffer.

rcgamer

the old guy
Here is another unexpected surprise. This is the best ive seen this game look with any plugin. This is with pixel shaders and software clipping, no framebuffer and n64 textures and filtering. still has some pokethrough when near walls etc. but looking great.

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Thanks , Rice

Roadsters looks a lot better car color is great , opengl mode .
great job , your the man.

-Liteuser

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
I still have the bug in the baseball games where it just freezes. The games look good though. but i cant seem to get it to stop freezing.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
That's should be core problem, not a video plugin problem. You may just need to exit/restart.

rcgamer

the old guy
I think it is a core problem as well. Ive tried all the plugins and they all freeze at some point.

edit- actually you are right. im using your plugin in pj64 and it is working great so far. thanks again.

edit again-got to about the fourth inning and it froze (or more correctly) the plugin just drops to zero % on the cpu usage.

I should say that it is only the all star baseball games that are doing this.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
WHOOOHOO!

Its the very first plugin that draws the Mirror shield effect in zelda properly !
Jeah Rice ya r00l ! :* :naughty: :shifty: :cheers:

Plus , all the other shimmer effects look nice :D Bit it looks quite crappy in Majoras mask ,though

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Goldeneye is perfect to me, but a kinda slow (18Vi/s). The video plugins uses more than 60% of CPU........

Zelda is awesome!!!!!!!! and fast (without framebuffer) :(

Strange errors in paper mario with 5.4.2/5.4.1 and a screenshot with Gln64 041
And a log file created by rice 5.31 plugin (that have the same errors of 5.4.x)......

Status
Not open for further replies.