What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.4.2, updated from 5.4.0 and 5.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNight

see see I told ya so... I remember saying that pixel shaders should help out alot

uh oh... ok I got a

Runtime Error
R6025
- Pure Virtual Function call (Nevermind )

" Quote from Rice in this same thread, all you have to do is read!!!
"The full screen problem and the pure function call error are related, they are both fixed now. You guys just need to wait for the next release. You can safely use Window mode in the meanwhile." "

also there are some glitches with conker (in the intro.. nothing major ), and the rocket launcher view doesn't work :down: Overal very good job! :phone: :flowers:

Last edited:

Kaoss626

acidagent said:
I've a Geforce 4 4400Ti, when i play Mario Kart with the Pixel Shader extension, i get huge black blocks around the the karts and the characters. Any ideas?

I too am seeing the same thing, but only if I use "fit to video card" if I use High end, it works fine. But then the flames on the torches on zelda are washed out and the start up logo the gamma is AFU. Generally "fit to video card" is the best setting for almost every game.

I've fiddled with ridgeracer64 too. glad to see that one working well, but there are no reflections unless you are in a tunnel, and then it looks like there are dents all over the car.

mariogolf also has grey grass.

oh and this is on machine one from my sig so I'm using the GF3 vs the GF2U

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
1 odd glicthe in Banjo-Kazooie (U) I can point out.

In the pause screen, all jinjos are blue, where they should all be differently coloured.

khanmeister

Banned
mortal kombat 4 still not right...

Here's a screenie of 5.4.1 with mk 4.... It also runs a little slow (most games definitely don't!)

Thanks for all your work, rice. You are amazing.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Shin_Gouki said:
hi Rice!
i got an idea...and may be its something worth.
when reporting a problem you need to know the PC specs and the plugin settigns
IMO it would be great if there were such an option like in petes plugins-> copy settings to clipboard
so that we can post easier and more precise out setting of your plugin.
i think it shoudln´t be too hard to code, and would be a great benefit ...so what do you think?
wbr Shin Gouki

Or use the default options like me, to report the problems.....
This function is helpful in Pete's OGL, but for now we don't need to copy entire
settings and post, posting the differences between default and the used config should be enough....
And config the system specs properly in emutalk to appears in the bottom of all your messages......

And Rice plugins is the most active ever!!!!!!!! Improvements going faster and in a big steps........ You're the man Rice, really....
Thank You..... Stay cool........ ;)

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Sorry, Rice......
Same things happening again in DK64 (but is slightly better)..... only with soft clip..... not tested other games.....

The problem is the same, but if you need a screenshot, a video, msg me and i post......

Thanks in advance.......

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
khanmeister said:
Here's a screenie of 5.4.1 with mk 4.... It also runs a little slow (most games definitely don't!)

Thanks for all your work, rice. You are amazing.

Your video card is at least a little bit weak, thus overclocking the video card probably will help with game speed. BTW, I never gotten any wording about Nvidia video cards being clock frequency locked in the video BIOS, unlike some of the Radeon video cards which require a BIOS mod to overclock the video card at all.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
RJARRRPCGP said:
One major problem here, the ammunition boxes are blue!

Jabo's GFX plugin don't have this problem.

Should they be blue?

Can someone post a save state somewhere for me to download? I will then take a look of this problem.

Last edited:

Clements

RJARRRPCGP said:
Your video card is at least a little bit weak, thus overclocking the video card probably will help with game speed. BTW, I never gotten any wording about Nvidia video cards being clock frequency locked in the video BIOS, unlike some of the Radeon video cards which require a BIOS mod to overclock the video card at all.

With nVidia cards you can overclock your card from the drivers, and you need the "Coolbit" from Guru3D to do it. One of the hidden features unlocked allows you to "auto-detect" the best Core and Mem values for your card. That's how I o/c mine, it's very easy + no BIOS tweaking involved, and it's reasonably safe.

Rice said:
Should they be blue?

Nope! There should be grey/metalic crates.

SubCog

Just fyi, mickey's racing works almost perfectly now, with only a few graphics errors on some levels. Man, that's a cool game.

amano

WOW.

One plugin to rule them all...

Nice progress Rice. I think I will have to upgrade ma GF2MX.

olivieryuyu

good !!

Very good job !!! I can run my n64 games with my geforce 3 now !!!

Keep working so well !!!

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
Clements said:
With nVidia cards you can overclock your card from the drivers, and you need the "Coolbit" from Guru3D to do it. One of the hidden features unlocked allows you to "auto-detect" the best Core and Mem values for your card. That's how I o/c mine, it's very easy + no BIOS tweaking involved, and it's reasonably safe.

Nope! There should be grey/metalic crates.

Auto detect is grayed out for me..... Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Clements

Change the thingie to 3D Applications instead of 2D. You can then use the auto-detect (hopefully, I can't see why not) to o/c your card.

rcgamer

the old guy
When I try mario tennis I get to the press start title screen and when i press start all i get is an exception in emulation thread error. Im using the pixel shader and ST&l option.

ok an update. after switching to schibos audio i can get to a match. However if i use anything other than 3 stage combiner i get the referenced memory error at so and so the memory could not be read. In any case i cant get it to look good at all.

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Rice said:
Should they be blue?

Can someone post a save state somewhere for me to download? I will then take a look of this problem.

This Goldeneye 007 screenshot is with Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5.1:

NeoNight

Rice said:
Should they be blue?

yeah same thing happens in bman 64 2 also there is still some minor combiner issues. Like with pikachus ears in smash bros for example.

Last edited:

NeoNight

also another error with mario kart (wonder if its because of that sharpen image option) and some other games like fzero with combiner issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.