What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.4.2, updated from 5.4.0 and 5.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubCog

good. 'can't wait for the next version. Rice, I think I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate what you're doing.

khanmeister

Banned
:1964:

Glad to hear the fix for fx 5200!! Rice, YOU ARE THE FRIGGIN" MAN!!!!

What can we humble end users do to help you? Would you like a box of Divx movies, or maybe need some graphics work done? I'm a photoshop wizard. I'd like to help in any way I can.

Big K

Lynx

StAmAtIs said:
Hey Rice great work on the new plugin!
Just one problem with Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero it still has that upside down problem like u can see in the pic below will this be fixed by the next version.

I know it works ok with Jabo's but I'd still rather use ur plugin.

And Kirby gets stuck after any attack action.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Lynx said:
And Kirby gets stuck after any attack action.

Known 1964 0.99 Issue.....Try changing CP1 unusable exceptions... may cause other problems, no video plugin issue....

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Some screenies

1. Donkey Kong errors with Soft Clip (doesn't occur with Soft Clip off)
attachment.php

2. No luck for me in mario tennis (render-to-texture or r-t-tex faster)
attachment.php

3. Shadows of Empire unplayable with Rice Daedalus
attachment.php

4. Ridge Racer: near perfection, with a few errors
attachment.php

5. Starcraft: Many errors
attachment.php

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
1. F-Zero is playable now, with errors
2. Star Fox is perfect!!! 60Vi/s in menu.....
3. Legend of Zelda: where's Link in pause menu (soft clip on)? and is very slow too.... 20Vi/s

Last edited:

roxoxx

help me please!

I have a great problem with this great plugin: after i push the full screen option, i have a great slowdown and a black screen. When i return to the emulator window, i have the same black screen and when i push the stop button i have an error message (see the thubb post, is the same error). All this with the software T&L and Clipping options on!!
I have an Acer PIV 2.4 with an ATI Radeon 9000 64MB and latest ATI 4.1 Catalist Drivers. Pleae reply!!

Thanx a lot Rice, i hope that the next step will be an hardware frame-buffer handling. ;-)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Nighty0 said:
3. Legend of Zelda: where's Link in pause menu (soft clip on)? and is very slow too.... 20Vi/s

That's one of the frame buffer usage in Zelda. It is not emulated. You may be happy to see that the background of the pause screen is rendered.

GE Master

Simply a suggestion, but it sure would be nice to have comments about best setting for specific games. For example if a game runs near perfect for you, say what card and what settings. I'm just getting a bit lost in the settings department on games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. I would assume that if I have a Radeon9500pro then I should stick with DirectX?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
roxoxx said:
I have a great problem with this great plugin: after i push the full screen option, i have a great slowdown and a black screen. When i return to the emulator window, i have the same black screen and when i push the stop button i have an error message (see the thubb post, is the same error). All this with the software T&L and Clipping options on!!
I have an Acer PIV 2.4 with an ATI Radeon 9000 64MB and latest ATI 4.1 Catalist Drivers. Pleae reply!!

Thanx a lot Rice, i hope that the next step will be an hardware frame-buffer handling. ;-)

Quote from Rice in this same thread, all you have to do is read!!!
"The full screen problem and the pure function call error are related, they are both fixed now. You guys just need to wait for the next release. You can safely use Window mode in the meanwhile."

Stop It

Just so everyone know what version of Pixel Shader GFX cards have, ill put a lost of ones that are 1.1 or higher (an thus support PS 1.1)

Nvidia:
Geforce 3 series : Version 1 I think thus not able to use this update
Geforce 4 series : version 1.1
Geforce FX series : version 2

ATI:
8500: version 1/1.1 (not sure)
9000-9200: version 1.4
9500+ : version 2

Matrox:
Parhelia: version 1.3/4

Hope that helps :p

Zuzma

The soft clipping is a million times better thanks rice! But I noticed that some 3d Objects seem to over lap each other, it clips too much making stuff dissapear, or it leaves gaps inbetween 3D objects. That's okay though because now I can actually use it with out having to use an external program. :happy:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Zuzma said:
The soft clipping is a million times better thanks rice! But I noticed that some 3d Objects seem to over lap each other, it clips too much making stuff dissapear, or it leaves gaps inbetween 3D objects. That's okay though because now I can actually use it with out having to use an external program. :happy:

Yeah, I noticed that ever so slightly in a few games, Zelda for one, as the camera would move I would see just an ever so slight clipping of a texture here or there that made it look see through or sorta gray.

Gordon8452

OffScreen in super smash brothers

i still have an issue with super smash brother where whenever i go offscreen with a character (they show up in the little circle till they come back on screen) the game slows to almost a crawl, no matter which options i choose. it was working i 5.10d and anything since makes it go choppy. im using a radeon8500 for a vid card.

Shin_Gouki

hi Rice!
i got an idea...and may be its something worth.
when reporting a problem you need to know the PC specs and the plugin settigns
IMO it would be great if there were such an option like in petes plugins-> copy settings to clipboard
so that we can post easier and more precise out setting of your plugin.
i think it shoudln´t be too hard to code, and would be a great benefit ...so what do you think?
wbr Shin Gouki

Status
Not open for further replies.