What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.4.2, updated from 5.4.0 and 5.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red XIII

Many thanks from this Radeon 9800 owner. I'll try it out today.

Up until your 5.2.0 radeon release, no video plugin for N64 had worked decent for me. Can't wait to try this one out.

acidagent

I've a Geforce 4 4400Ti, when i play Mario Kart with the Pixel Shader extension, i get huge black blocks around the the karts and the characters. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Thubb

everytime i stop the rom-emulation i get this exception and emulator closes (pj64 and 1964):

using standard settings...

:(

edit: only seems to happen in directX mode (using DX9.0b) opengl is fine

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Thubb said:
everytime i stop the rom-emulation i get this exception and emulator closes (pj64 and 1964):

using standard settings...

:(

edit: only seems to happen in directX mode (using DX9.0b) opengl is fine

Make sure to check Software T&L in Rice's Plugin settings for now.

oDD

/me odd
Rice said:
XBOX does not suffer from the depth buffer / geometry problem, and color combiner code was tweaked just for its GF3 video chip, so it worked better than most new video cards.

AFAIK, the XBOX Nvidia chip does support pixel shader 1.1. It will also be benefited a lot from my pixel shader feature.

Rice you have no idea how much I and the xbox scene wholey appreciate the work you put into your plugin. Lantus tried the pixel shader combiner before on his gf3 and the results were very positive (i've only got a gf4mx :p). So we cant wait to port this baby to the xbox because as you said above, it does support ps 1.1.

Keep up the excellent work man, you amaze us every time. :)

Cheers,

oDD

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
acidagent said:
I've a Geforce 4 4400Ti, when i play Mario Kart with the Pixel Shader extension, i get huge black blocks around the the karts and the characters. Any ideas?

I have seen this problem on a FX5200 card the other day. The problem is related to alpha testing, appearently driver related since there is no problem with other DX combiners, but only with pixel shader. It is too bad that I don't have such a card to test with. It may take a while to find a solution for it.

Rice

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Rice said:
(Yes, I have bought a 9600, so I can understand the Radeon problem and program the pixel shader feature.)

Rice, I hope that don't mean problems with Radeon video cards less than a Radeon 9500 series video card, because I currently cannot afford a Radeon 9500 or later
video card.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
acidagent said:

Huh? I hope that isn't because the video card isn't a DirectX 9 hardware video card.

GE Master

There is a new sheriff in town...

Rice, wow. That's about all I can say right now. I had to post right away and I've only checked out GoldenEye. Temple and Surface are rendered perfectly on my Radeon 9500pro. This has opened many doors believe me! Now what I can't seem to get a handle on is the flicker in multiplayer. I've been ticking and unticking boxes like mad but not helping. Your plugin is THE pluging for GoldenEye. Here is one screen on the character screen which looks much better than before but still a bit messed up. Thanks for the effort with your plugin!

amano

I think with daedalus the n64 graphic emulation takes a step further towards perfection. It's sad that those combiner problems are still around. Are these problems daedalus only?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
RJARRRPCGP

You don't have to get a DX9 video card. Your Radeon 9000 should be a DX8 card, it supports PixelShader 1.1 just fine.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
GE Master said:
Rice, wow. That's about all I can say right now. I had to post right away and I've only checked out GoldenEye. Temple and Surface are rendered perfectly on my Radeon 9500pro. This has opened many doors believe me! Now what I can't seem to get a handle on is the flicker in multiplayer. I've been ticking and unticking boxes like mad but not helping. Your plugin is THE pluging for GoldenEye. Here is one screen on the character screen which looks much better than before but still a bit messed up. Thanks for the effort with your plugin!

The player selection screen shot is very interesting. I know where is the problem, but may not have instant solutions. I will take a look anyway.

SubCog

I keep getting that pure virtual function call error too, but it only happens if I open the rom in a window, then make it fullscreen (at which point the screen goes completely black, however sound and controlls are still working), then make it a window again. Then I try to close the rom, and 1964 crashes.

So to recap: I'm not able to switch between fullscreen and window mode, 'cause I lose my video (but the emulation doesn't stop).

And when I try to close the rom, 1964 crashes with the pure virtual function call.

Desmond

I have some problems with DR.Mario 64.

With the Default Options, the Game Works Fine, but when i change to FULL SCREEN MODE, all comes black, the Sprites, the BackGround... ALL BLACK... :-(

I Change some options, Software T&L, etc... and Works again Fine in Window mode, and when i turn to Full Screen.... WORKS FINE TOO ¡¡¡¡¡¡ , But in the Gameplay.... the Back Ground Dissapear... :-(

My PC:
RADEON 9700, Catalyst 4.1, Windows XP, etc...

Some one can Help Me ??? Who are the Options may i Choose ???

PD: Sorry for my English.... Sorry.... XD

mojo

Damm! You've made it again Rice! Now I can see those Bomber texture in Mario Tennis. And is it necessary to use Combiner feature? I think it's a bit complicated and problem maker.

yop83

Virtual pure Function Call Problem...

As some other people, I've been experiencing this unhandled exception (the pure virtual function call) whenever I go fullscreen, go back in a window and stop the emulation.

Note that this only happen (i think) when using the Pixel shader combiner (whether software T&L or software clipping is on or not)...

Also, using this mode in fullscreen gives strange results: mostly absent sprites or yellow background or an empty screen with all sound and controls correct or/and other graphical weirdness!!

I have a Geforce Fx 5200 (a card which seems to come back often as problematic) using Detonator v.53.03 ....

I hope you will be able to experiment on the 5200 even though you don't have access to one...

--Yop83

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
The full screen problem and the pure function call error are related, they are both fixed now. You guys just need to wait for the next release. You can safely use Window mode in the meanwhile.

StAmAtIs

Hey Rice great work on the new plugin!
Just one problem with Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero it still has that upside down problem like u can see in the pic below will this be fixed by the next version.

I know it works ok with Jabo's but I'd still rather use ur plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.