What's new

texture ripper

dosmaen

Could someone possibly make a texture ripper for gamecube, that would rip out every single texture in a game, because I could really use it for doing my ripping and stuff, and I know the fan game community would greatly benifit from it.

I hope this isn't against the rules for asking for this or something, but I could really use it. Thanks.

jbguy2k

That guy with the hair
There's one way to rip the textures. When you go into the GFX Plugin settings, go to the third tab, select the dump textures, set the folder and turn on the function. While playing the game, whatever textures it loads in order to play the game, it dumps into the directory you set it to.
WARNING!: it will dump all textures, they will not have the same texture name as the company set it to it will be named something like text_001.png, but it's woth it.

OP
D

dosmaen

jbguy2k said:
There's one way to rip the textures. When you go into the GFX Plugin settings, go to the third tab, select the dump textures, set the folder and turn on the function. While playing the game, whatever textures it loads in order to play the game, it dumps into the directory you set it to.
WARNING!: it will dump all textures, they will not have the same texture name as the company set it to it will be named something like text_001.png, but it's woth it.

Lol, I knew about this, I mean all the textures out of the game, no repeats, and it would work on unplayable games. I've been doing it that way, but there is no way I'm going to play zelda long enough to get to a dungeon at 1.34fps, and in wireframe mode :|

I"M NOOT A NOOB I PROMASS

OP
D

dosmaen

Vegetable said:
ROFL! Uh, rm2k is illegal, and pretty crappy too.
Not if you buy it, man.
And it's not that bad, plus I know people who could use the textures for other gamemakers, such as Gamemaker, and perhaps multimedia fusion, things like that.

Vegetable

Banned
dosmaen said:
Not if you buy it, man.
I know that, but since there are BARELY any any people in the USA, UK etc that buy rm2k from japan, I really doubt that YOU would be one of them.