What's new

''Direct3D Device" How to fix

Reloaded

EmuTalk Pimp
Ive seen a lot of topics about the Direct3D error in Dolphin, maybe this will help all those people with the error.

Solution 1:

Go to your graphics plugin settings and switch to HAL

Solution 2:

Go to your Display Properties-->Settings (Control Panel-->Display)
If your colors are set to True Color 32bit switch to High Color 16bit
If your colors are set to High Color 16bit switch to True Color 32bit (this worked for me :D )

Solution 3: Thanx to Bugo for this one

You need to get inside of DxDiag.exe and turn on direct3D device...

Go to microsoft.com and download directx 9.0b SDK version (218mb) and install it without samples and ohter stuff... just the directx... (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...20-9dfd-4e7a-b947-3a037ccf84af&displaylang=en)

After install, go to control panel and choose other options and it will show you DirectX icon, get inside and enter in DxDiag. I these menus you will find the button to turn direct3D always on.

Go to the emu and try it again!

Hope this helps :arabia: :cheers:
(btw. bust-a-move 3000 runs with 10FPS with my great system :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Reloaded said:
Ive seen a lot of topics about the Direct3D error in Dolphin, maybe this will help all those people with the error.

Solution 1:

Go to your graphics plugin settings and switch to HAL

Solution 2:

Go to your Display Properties-->Settings (Control Panel-->Display)
If your colors are set to High Color 16bit switch to True Color 32bit (this worked for me :D )

Solution 3: Thanx to Bugo for this one

You need to get inside of DxDiag.exe and turn on direct3D device...

Go to microsoft.com and download directx 9.0b SDK version (218mb) and install it without samples and ohter stuff... just the directx... (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...20-9dfd-4e7a-b947-3a037ccf84af&displaylang=en)

After install, go to control panel and choose other options and it will show you DirectX icon, get inside and enter in DxDiag. I these menus you will find the button to turn direct3D always on.

Go to the emu and try it again!

Hope this helps :arabia: :cheers:
(btw. bust-a-move 3000 runs with 10FPS with my great system :rolleyes: )

nope, didn't work

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
"Go to your Display Properties-->Settings (Control Panel-->Display)
If your colors are set to High Color 16bit switch to True Color 32bit (this worked for me )"

work to meee thanx ;)
but only in HAL no SOF

Last edited: