What's new

Why wont it recognise?

StuMcBill

I have diddy kong racing and it works fine, but i have one problem, PJ64 doesnt recognise it as a Rom.

Is there a way i can get it to recognise it so i can save its settings in the .rdb file?

Duron 800
128 RAM
Nvidia TNT2 M64
Windows 98SE

Cheers!

StonedConker

try to rename it with goodn64 or open it from file not the rom broswer or use 1.3 to see if it's because the 1.4's new style gui

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Yeah that should do it otherwise you've gotten a bad rom so download another one.

OP
S

StuMcBill

I cant remember the extension, i think its .rom?!?

Good N64 wont recognise it and the game doesn't work in 1.3!!

By the way, I think its PAL!!

linker

Emutalk Member
Ok you have to see if the downloaded file is not an archive (.ace, .rar, zip archives are recognized automaticly by pj64 and goodn64), also you have to see it's length, if it is a rom it has to be 8,16 or 32Megs. Good luck.

StonedConker

i think the *.rom extension dumps are usually non working roms.I have about 200 roms and only the 10 of them have the extension *.rom.I don't know why the most usuall is *.v64 but the bad thing is i have to say that 80% you d/l a bad rom

StonedConker

one last thing.I don't want to be like i am postin rom sites i just want to help.So here is my question (and answer for me if is a bad rom)....Did you downloaded it from vi**r's roms? .Cause if you did i know for sure(about donkey kong) that is a bad rom

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Most are .v64 because they were dumped using a product called v64 or doctor64 (Can't remember which one though) but that's the reason for the .v64 extensions.

flow``

flow``
stoned: rename all your roms w/ goodn64 0.999.7 and get tool64 and byteswap them to .v64

the .xxx doesn't really matter, its just depends on how the emu handles it.

smiff only tested good dumps and recorded those CRC 1/2 and CC's in the INI

if your rom's crc1/2-cc dont match any in the INI then its presumed a bad dump of some sort

OP
S

StuMcBill

The game does work, but i cant use the settings in the rdb file!

Where can I get the latest goodn64 and tool64 from?

Cheers for the replys!