What's new

Dolphin in German

ZDragon

I have translated both the dolphin.exe and the videoplugin.dll into German. A few things are still in english, but they can not be changed without the sourcecode. By the way, I did not change anything in there but translate it - I take absolutely no credit for this little work, as the real things were made by others.

You can download it here (~581 KB): http://mitglied.tripod.de/dragondubs/dolger.zip

Please copy/paste the link into your webbrowser, as Tripod doesn't support remote-linking.

Thanks to CoDeX for pointing out how to translate the emulator (see the "Dolphin in Spanish" thread)

@ector and F|res: if you should ever need a German translator, you can ask me at any time.

nonameleft

Hallo guys!!!
@ZDragon: LOL...i also translated the Emu + Helpfile...but you were faster....well but 'm missing the translated Controller-Plugin ;)
http://www.xmail.net/endox/PADPlugin.dll

Greets...

btw: do you have ICQ, ZDragon?
I wanted to open a site where you always can download the actual translated Version of Dolphin, only if the authors will allow us to do it, of course......I think we could make it together then.

OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

LOL Two words for that PAD-Plugin, huh :p

I think about becoming an PAD-Plugin programmer anyway. Maybe we could do something like that, yeh.

About ICQ: Look at the last line of every of my posts, silly :p

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
I think within time that the Dolphin team will add a language support option that will allow Dolphin to be changed into another language on the fly. Remember that this emulator only came out as a teaster, not a entire release :p.

OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

Yes. And what does this have to do with what we want to do? I mean, it will be easier like that. Okay. And what is your point then?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
ZDragon said:
Yes. And what does this have to do with what we want to do? I mean, it will be easier like that. Okay. And what is your point then?
Meaning, any given language you guys translate into will be translated anyway into Dolpin.

That is my point. :getlost:

OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

The question is who will do it, isn't it? I don't think ector and F|res can even speak 8 different languages. So they will need people who can do it. So what is the problem for us...?

nonameleft

Well MY point of view is that the programmers have to spend their time to work for a better game support, sound, graphics, etc. and not to click on the board to make it easier for idiots understand how the emulator can be used ;)

So...short question to the programmers (if they visit this forum too ;))

would you have anything against publishing your emu in an translated version?
Of course oyur site get linked, YOU are the one who get the positive feedback, but i (we) want to help you by spreading this great emu.

Therefore it'd be nice to be allowed to tranlate it everytimer theres a new verison out and to upload it on a page like www.german-dolphin.de or sth. like that.

Hope there's some1 who can give me (us) an answer!!!
THX

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
ZDragon said:
The question is who will do it, isn't it? I don't think ector and F|res can even speak 8 different languages. So they will need people who can do it. So what is the problem for us...?
Did I say there was a problem? You are assuming that I have a problem with this, which I don't. Infact, I encourage any type activity in the emu community. Something as small as a translation comes along way for alot of people.

Also, you don't need to be a smartass. Of course ector, schibo, and F|RES don't know all the languages in the world, I just wanted to throw in my thoughts on it. It looks like you just want to ride on the backside of Dolphin's popularity just so you can be credited for a translation. The authors know a wide range of authors around the world who would be willing to help with translations.

Next time, don't assume or put words in anyone's mouth. :getlost:

OP
ZDragon

ZDragon

Third sentence of this whole thread: "I take absolutely no credit for this little work, as the real things were made by others."

I just want to help those who don't understand english very good and still want to use this masterpiece of work. You say that the authors if the Emu know others who definitly would want to help - well, sorry, but how in the world should I know that?

And the support of different languages is definitly not the most important thing they have yet to do. So I see absolutely nothing wrong with translating the Emu as long as this feature is *not* included. And even if it is, the authors now know two more people who would like to contribute.

It was simply that you sounded as if what we were doing here was completely useless - and I don't think so. Sorry if I misunderstood.