What's new

ISO Conversion

blake

Emulation Master
I have many gamecube ISO's, but they are not gcn files. Is there a program that allows you to convert gcn ISO's to gcns?

Hanabishi

simply remove the iso extensions and replace them with gcm.
Right click the file and goto properties and rename them there.

Also, please refrain from mentioning your iso's. As it could lead to wrong impressions.

OP
blake

blake

Emulation Master
one question though, how do you do it in Windows XP. It makes you pick the file extensions from a list and you can't specify your own extension.

Hanabishi

high light the selected file.
Right click. and a bar will show up.
Click properties.
Select "General" tab.
Beneath it is the name + extension.
say its crazy taxi.
it should appear as " crazytaxi.iso"
Remove iso and replace it with gcm.

I also have xp and this is how i do it.

tonyrayo

I Love Sushi!
Also, if you both want to make your life easier, you can enable extentions to be shown in Windows Explorer, then you can do a simple rename.

Hanabishi

the reason i don't use Tonyrayo's method is because i hate watching the extensions of my file's since i have alot items on my desktop.
I only recenty started looking at extensions after dolphin was released.

Youkai

for me it does not work ... is there another chance to chang them ??

P.S. possible that isos work at the emu if u yust open it ? because i tried it with one and the emu shut down ... may it is becuase the iso ... so .. does someone know ?

blizz

oh dear god... this is why people should take a test before being given access to the net.

ok in explorer go to the Tools menu and select folder options

select the views tab and then uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types"

and then you should be able to change the extension of the file, by clicking on it and pressing F2.

also it's a good idea to show extensions as there was (may still be for some people who don't update) an exploit where XP would show you the file was associated with one program but would run in another as the file would have an extension like word.doc.exe and it would appear to be a word document, causing you to run a potentially malicious file.

parallax

Youkai said:
for me it does not work ... is there another chance to chang them ??

P.S. possible that isos work at the emu if u yust open it ? because i tried it with one and the emu shut down ... may it is becuase the iso ... so .. does someone know ?

I had the same problem. followed the guides and it would never work for me.
then i came across this..

put iso in your root.
go into dos and type :

rename (gamename).iso (gamename).gcm

where (gamename) is put name of game.....you see.

hit enter and it will change to gcm file..

like i said, tried everything suggested above and only this worked for me.

hope it helps.

:)

Youkai

Thanks but the method that blizz sayed work

P.S @ Blizz

impossible to be nice to ppl like me ? seems to be hard for u !
I had the problem never before because i hate winXP and i don't know everything about it with win98 it was easyer ... so don't say i am stupid yust because i hate XP !