What's new

Wine?

gcnchris

As a former Linux user (it doesn't like my current setup very much) I'm interested to know how well it runs under Wine/WineX, if at all?

Villela

gcnchris said:
As a former Linux user (it doesn't like my current setup very much) I'm interested to know how well it runs under Wine/WineX, if at all?
At wine it runs, but not the games because the directx9 plugin, maybe when someone release an opengl video plugin donphin runs at wine
And i see other problem, it doesn't display the plugins, i believe it is not detecting anyone

At winex i don't know, if someone make a test it will be helpfull ;-)

piccolo17486

Villela said:
At wine it runs, but not the games because the directx9 plugin, maybe when someone release an opengl video plugin donphin runs at wine
And i see other problem, it doesn't display the plugins, i believe it is not detecting anyone

At winex i don't know, if someone make a test it will be helpfull ;-)

if they make a OpenGL plugin, someone should port the whole emu then... i would really like an OpenGl plugin (perhaps also directx8) since i dont have a directx9 card yet :( and wont buy one soon.

Villela

piccolo17486 said:
if they make a OpenGL plugin, someone should port the whole emu then... i would really like an OpenGl plugin (perhaps also directx8) since i dont have a directx9 card yet :( and wont buy one soon.
I would like to see the emu on linux

But if you look at N64 emulation you will see an emulator like 1964 that is open source and have opengl plugins ando don't have a linux port

An opengl plugin of course is needed for a linux port but an opengl plugin will not make a linux port :( (i don't know if it is easy to understand what i say)

BTW if the emu becomes opensource and no one becomes interested to port it and the plugin i can give a try :icecream:

ZDragon

@piccolo: you can (and should) still install DirectX 9.0b even if you don't have a graphics card that uses the new functions... and Dolphin will also run with that. Hell, there are people running it with and GeForce 2 only!

mr.saraiva

Falcon4ever said:
AFAIK wineX doesn't support dx 9...
so it won't work

it's not fully implemented, but some calls are, and the others are being re-directed to dx8 ones.

i tried it with latest winex 3.2.1 and also with CVS, but the emu crashes when i double click a game or try to open it using file menu...

piccolo17486

i have directx9 installed, but the some the games have many more glitches on directx8 cards then 9.. from what i have heard and seen
hmm the n64 emu, there is a really good one and also good plugins allready out for linux (mupen and nintendo64gl)
hope they improve both soon :D want to come away from microsoft...
i dont need the emu since i have a real gamecube, but its nice to play around with it :) so i want a linux port..
@authors.
are you going to make a port?
are you working on other plugins (opengl, directx8)
Thanks for the great work!!!