What's new

"Icarus is NOT Dead"

Martin

Administrator
_ZeZu_ has posted a statement over at the <a href="http://boob.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=SF;f=10">Icarus message board</a> that this yet to be released Dreamcast emulator for PC is not dead:

<font class=post_quote>Just wanted to let you all know Icarus is NOT dead after all this time .. CyRUS has not had time lately to answer emails or look at the message board. I have been gone for a year, but i have resumed writing my PowerVR2 plugin and GDROM plugin among other things.

We're sorry about the delay for so long but it could not be helped, CyRUS will still be gone for a little while. I will be more active on the message board though. Please do not email, my email is not public, i may set up a public email sometime soon .. until then just post a private message for me on the forums.

Everyone let us know your thoughts on the status of the emulator. Also Icarus still needs your support, any good artists out there we could use a good logo and some other stuff for our website.

We are also still accepting donations, i know i have a few private messages w/ offers of some games etc. and i want to particularly thank Flea who has donated quite a bit already . We _WILL_ pay for postage, I particularly need a broadband adapter, but will accept any hardware and/or software. Icluding any NAOMI HW or GDROMS.

There is no release planned for the immediate future. Please do not message asking to be a beta tester, we select beta testers specifically for certain reasons; most are developers or have donated extensively.

I will be posting more pictures and progress soon, hope this clears up a few questions and placates people a bit.

_ZeZu_</font>

Check out the statement and screenshot in <a href="http://boob.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=10;t=2489">this thread</a>, looking good _ZeZu_! :)

Thanks to <a href="http://www.emutalk.net/member.php?u=1032">Trotterwatch</a> for the tip.

EDIT: Seems the whole Icarus message board was pruned.

Burnpro

Supar ***
dead or not we have gamecube emulation growing and progresing hella fast..
thanks for update martin :)

kumquatq3

Banned
Burnpro said:
dead or not we have gamecube emulation growing and progresing hella fast..
thanks for update martin :)

As far as we know, Dolphin is emulating Dreamcast games that were ported over better than Icarus is running the originals.

I am all for "patience" when it comes to these things, but Icarus has worn out its welcome. Cyrus and his crew left their own forum hanging for months (6, if I remember right), it doesn't take more than 2 minutes to post something to let people know whats up. As far as Icarus goes, its put up or shut up time.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
So go and die you ungrateful bastard. Maybe cyrus didn't have access to internet? Maybe he had an accident? Then what would you say?
Ffs, don't blame authors when they have real life. :getlost:

this is the way it goes with these things, if they were commercial peices of software with deadlines we'd have to pay for them.. but they're FREE!

2fast4u

sytaylor said:
this is the way it goes with these things, if they were commercial peices of software with deadlines we'd have to pay for them.. but they're FREE!

hence there is no right to complain :) good to hear from icarus again after a a rather long time :)

2fast4u

kumquatq3 said:
Yeah, the whole team got hit by a bus on the same day........

actually thats what should have happened to you before you got bored and posted bullshit on a message board.

Clements

Hope you don't mind that I banned kumquatq3's ass for flamming users and mods.

There is some good progress in Icarus, and it'll be out when it's out.