What's new

Apollo v0.10 Source (Jan-12-2004)

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Though the interpreter is impressive, it would never have been able to run CPU intensive games. :( For this reason, I was trying to go with a dynarec, even a very basic one.

olivieryuyu

Azimer said:
Though the interpreter is impressive, it would never have been able to run CPU intensive games. :( For this reason, I was trying to go with a dynarec, even a very basic one.

Well i beg your pardon but i can't see the games your 're talking about.

i tested nearly all the games with Apollo beta 0.1 and glide64 with interpreter and it works with nearly all the games ... Some games are still not booting but well it's the always same games that cause troubles with all emulators (Taz Express, Nightmare creatures ...). Of course there is some TLB miss and few Exception Trapped Expansion Pak Detection and access violation ...

But it's very good, congratulations and good luck in whatever you're doing. N64 emulation scene 'll miss you a lot. :)

Last edited:

xamenus

It's odd that Azimer released this emulator in January and now five months later in June it's starting to get wide recognition. ;) The other day there were about 30 something people here in the Apollo forum. Emulation sites are just now starting to mention it, all because olivieryuyu compiled it :). Azimer, maybe you should release an official binary. :)

Last edited:
OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
If someone would continue it... then it would have many binary releases. ;)
or someone begs me and tempts me with lots of presents. lol

:apollo: :apollo: :apollo: :apollo: :apollo:

olivieryuyu

Please ............. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azimer said:
If someone would continue it... then it would have many binary releases. ;)
or someone begs me and tempts me with lots of presents. lol

:apollo: :apollo: :apollo: :apollo: :apollo:

well it 'll be so cool if you could continue it a bit ... I don't know how to tempt you but well i think that you did a great work and it's really a pity to abandon your baby ... Doing dynarec is not the most important i think. May be you could try to do what you had forecast :
- speed limiter (that's the most important ...)
- and of course as you are the expert about n64 audio stuff all that is turning aroud sound (the challenge that nobody have succeeded is Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding ....)

Thanks even if you don't want to continue

olivieryuyu

Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Azimer said:
Twisted Edge has major issues beyond audio. :(

argh !!!! so this game won't be never fully playable. Well the word "challenge" is a good term for this game. Hope that Apollo 'll be continue because the interpreter is in my opinion the best. Including an internal audio code should be extremely cool too. Hope so.

Thanks a lot !!

Last edited: