What's new

Problems with Body Harvest + Voodoo3

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
I can't get Body Harvest to run neither with PJ64, nor with any other emulator... And I don't know what is the problem, since PJ reports it as "playable"...

Tried to run it with Jabo's 1.5 & 1.51, with Glide64, and even with Rice's video plugin... but all I can get is the first game screen, with the disclaimers, then the fps drops down and the game does not proceed further...

I don't know whether it is something related with my old video card (that I keep to run glide64), but Body harvest just doesn't run...

p.s.: tried the european [e] and the american roms, with the same result...
p.s.2:Weird thing: with UHLE2064, the game runs all the intro (as said in the emu's .ini), and got this using Jabo's and Glide64 plugins (as its default plugin refuses to run here)...

OP
D

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
Thanks for the tip...
Now I've figured out the problem: for some kinky reason, my game pad (from an european manufacturer, Boeder) is slowing down PJ (and all other emus), and preventing Body Harvest to play...
Darn! And I thought it was all my old trusty voodoo3 fault...

...I'll try to change the controller's drivers...

Anyone knows where can I grab some generic 8-button game pad drivers (since that manufacturer is now out of the market)?

Mime

Dee Dark said:
Thanks for the tip...
Now I've figured out the problem: for some kinky reason, my game pad (from an european manufacturer, Boeder) is slowing down PJ (and all other emus), and preventing Body Harvest to play...
Darn! And I thought it was all my old trusty voodoo3 fault...

...I'll try to change the controller's drivers...

Anyone knows where can I grab some generic 8-button game pad drivers (since that manufacturer is now out of the market)?

Se o driver original não funcionar (http://www.boeder.it/driver/67653.zip ) você pode tentar usar um driver genérico p/ 8 botões que está disponível no site da Leadership (http://www.leadership.com.br/nova/drivers/joy8XP.zip ).

Eu tinha um driver bom p/ esse modelo de joystick (pq tenho um igualzinho) só que gravei em um cd e acabei perdendo o cd.

Você nao especificou o modelo da sua pl. mãe mas como vc deu a dica que o som é sis o chipset deve ser um Sis 630 em uma pl. pc-chips. Tome cuidado pq se for mesmo essa a sua placa, tudo nela é on-board, então pode haver um grande risco de existir um mau-contato, ou problemas com o rabicho da porta de joystick.

Outra boa opção é sacrificar um controle de playstation ou super-nes, até mesmo de n64, e fazer algumas modificações para ligá-los na porta paralela do micro (eu tenho dos três). Funciona perfeitamente e dá uma sensação mais confortável melhorando a jogabilidade. Outro recurso seria um adaptóide que no Brasil só recentemente vi um cara que tava vendendo um que ele mesmo fazia no mercado-livre (sei lá), os bons são uns importados (até que não são caros, mas converta o dolar para real e...), conexão usb, têm até uns que dá pra ligar tanto ps quanto n64.

Espero que tenha ajudado. E a contagem dos brasileiros que passam por aqui está aumentando...

Flws

OP
D

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
Actually, I have the manufacturer's drivers fot the gamepad (a genuine :p Boeder CrossChecks Sports controller), but, as it's preventing PJ to work properly (and there's a BIG difference between performance with and without using this gamepad, vg. with it, a maximum of 30 fps; without it, I get the 60 fps)...

Maybe changing the drivers it can work better...

(got tired of writing in english...) :ermm:

A placa mãe é uma PC Shit (oops, quer dizer, PC Chips), sim, mas o controle funciona normal... só deixa o emulador lento...

...quanto ao Adaptoid, a conversão prá reais pega pesado... Eu tou pensando em fazer/comprar um controle de n64 para porta paralela, falta só achar onde comprar feito (talvez aproveitar a sua dica do www.mercadolivre.com.br) ou achar controle barato, e o modelo de adaptação... (vi um, uma vez, lá no emulatronia, mas tinha que fazer uma placa de circuitos, para funcionar direito... o que não gostei)

Last edited:

Mime

Excelente site que eu sempre recomendo (http://www.emulatronia.com - em espanhol). Foi com os tutoriais de lá que eu fiz os controles.

Se você (ou alguém), descobrir como conseguir adaptóides aqui no Brasil, por favor nos diga como.

Flws.

Para quem não entende o português (não podemos nos esquecer disso ... coitadinhos!!!):

Great site that i always recommend (http://www.emulatronia.com - in spanish). Was with them tutorials that i made myself the joysticks.

If anyone knows in Brazil how to get the adaptoids, please post in here.