What's new

Is gln64 alive?

Hal

Bartman
Anyone know if there will ever be another release of gln64 again? I wouldn't want to see probably one of the best progressing video plugins just die out. Anyone know anything?

Shin_Gouki

No no of course NOT, BUT a release take time to code... an orkin is after all just a human like us ^_~
so he has some other things to do he has a real "life" plz acknowledge that!
He is spending his freetime to code a plugin.

So he was asked this before and he sad (and imo thats great ):"when i have time i´ll code some"
so stay tuned :)
wbr Shin Gouki

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
Shin_Gouki said:
No no of course NOT, BUT a release take time to code... an orkin is after all just a human like us ^_~
so he has some other things to do he has a real "life" plz acknowledge that!
He is spending his freetime to code a plugin.

So he was asked this before and he sad (and imo thats great ):"when i have time i´ll code some"
so stay tuned :)
wbr Shin Gouki
Okay man I was just asking, no need to go bolistic on me.

blight

if orkin stopped glN64 i think he would tell us (and someone else would have to continue it because it is sooo nice IMO :p)

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Sure, it's alive, just...in suspension. Thruth is, I didn't have much time to code in between classes last semester, and I'm afraid it might be the same way this semester.

Actually, version 0.4 only made it out because I knew my spare time would be getting limited, so I rushed a release together a few days before classes started.

I have found the time to mess around with the code a little recently. I wrote a combiner using fragment shaders, and started playing around with emulating texture wrapping/mirroring/clamping with fragment shaders too.

Unfortunately, I haven't made any more progress on frame buffer support, because it looks like my current method is going to need an overhaul to get any better. Though it looks like Gonetz took my idea and improved on it 10x! (amazing work Gonetz!)

I've also got a little side project very closely related to glN64 that might eventually materialize into something...we'll see.

Anyway, to sum it up, yes, glN64 is alive, progress is just slow right now.

Orkin

XS Guile

Tireur d'élite
Vive Orkin!!!!

Thanks a lot Orkin!!!
Because you are (I don't understand why) the only one who really think to the radeon's user.
A week ago, 1964 went out and I tried it as soon as I finished the download.
But what a sad news to see how it work on the radeon... :cry:
When I think of all the screens posted in the forum before it went out, it was so beautifull, near the perfection! but not with a radeon :cry:
So I have an answer, why the radeon's user never have the same quality that the nvidia???
I know nvidia was the leader of graphic cards but now times have changed, ATI shows how to do best graphic card!
Please do something for the ATI user, WE WANT THE SAME QUALITY, WE WANT EGALITY !!! :p

Sorry for my bad english :)

Trotterwatch

When I think of all the screens posted in the forum before it went out, it was so beautifull, near the perfection! but not with a radeon

A large amount of the shots I posted were with the Radeon btw using Rices plugin (unreleased version).

GE Master

Please

I'm said this before, but this is the greatest plugin that I've seen on my ATI Radeon 9500 PRO. Amazing results to say the least.

I know it's all a matter of time or the lack thereof when putting something like this together. The only shortcoming with the last release is the flickering issue in GoldenEye multiplayer I believe that was a "force depth compare" problem. That's it though. For the games that I played with your plugin, they were all amazing. It's selfish I suppose to ask for a specific GoldenEye fix, but man I would be soooo grateful!

-Shadow-

Banned
And pleeease don't forget to fix the 4-suns-bug , if you do so , the zelda games would be perfectly emulated cuz it's the only graphic glitch that your plugin causes in Zelda....