What's new

ePSXe 1.6.0 problem

Nukem

hi there,

when ever I try to run any game on this emulator there is no sound in the Sinamatics and there is no music in the game it self what could be done to fix it???

thank you.

jollyrancher

You probably haven't enabled CDDA and XA sound in the sound settings. Also use the Eternal sound plugin, it generally works the best.

OP
Nukem

Nukem

yes!!!!!!! I love you man :shifty:

thanks alot man much apricated :) :) :) :)

OP
Nukem

Nukem

uhhhh!!! now I got another problem which I had before :(
sorry to bother u again, when I run Duke Nukem land of babes when I am entering the level my howll screen is black I can only see Duke thats all.

OP
Nukem

Nukem

Clements said:
Make sure you have the most current PSX plugins from:

http://home.t-online.de/home/PeteBernert/

Also, perhaps changing video plugins would help, eg. if you use Pete's OpenGL, switch to P.E.Op.S Soft GPU.

yep I'v tryed all these plugins. but u know the funny thing is that I get this black screen only if I skip the cut sine that is in the beginning if I won't scip then it plays normaly.

revl8er

That Damn Good
AFAIK that game isn't supported yet. I'm not really sure about that but I believe that I read it in another forum that someone couldn't get it to work. Have you tried emurayden or PSXeven yet? If you haven't then you might wanna try them out.

jollyrancher

The game you're talking about uses a special movie codec (cut scenes) that causes problems with emulators, and supposedly the new ePSXe was the first to fix the problem, but I guess you're having problems... you might just want to delete the CINEPAK*.BIN files and re-rip an iso if it's crashing.

OP
Nukem

Nukem

thats ok it hapens some times but I gess I can live with it :)

again thank you very mutch guys!!!!!

OP
Nukem

Nukem

I dont wont to start a new topic so I'll just wright it here.

I was trying to play soul reaver it runs preety smuth like 50 fps or even more up untill I kill some one and when the spirit come out of the body
then my fps droping down too 10 or less :( . is there any thing could be done about it ????

thank you any help would be appreciated

jollyrancher

Try the fix in the ePSXe guide... Disable Real-Time CD-ROM Status. Otherwise try a different plugin... the only 2 I really use are Pete's DX 1.75 and PEOPS SoftGPU 1.15... never had to use anything else to get good framerates.

OP
Nukem

Nukem

jollyrancher said:
Try the fix in the ePSXe guide... Disable Real-Time CD-ROM Status. Otherwise try a different plugin... the only 2 I really use are Pete's DX 1.75 and PEOPS SoftGPU 1.15... never had to use anything else to get good framerates.

I tryed Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.75 works fine though I noticed
the graphics went down by a litle but I gess thats ok thanx m8 :)