What's new

Problems with Rice

Shirowullong

Hey, Im new to Emutalk, so please forgive me if im posting this on the wrong board. I recently got a new Computer, and today I downloaded the Rice plugin and the Project 64. The Rice plugin won't work on my Project 64, I get weird black and white stuff instead, and the plugin that comes with the P64 lags way to much. Is there another Plugin that can solve my problem?

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
Which version of PJ64 do you have? What version of Rice's plugin? Specifically which games are you having problems with? and last of all, are the roms verified to be good?

(Just something you'll learn on this board, the more details, the better)

OP
S

Shirowullong

Ok, P64 is version 1.4, Rice is version 5.1.0, almost all games are having trouble with it, so I don't think theres a problem with the roms. The only game I have that works without a problem WHAT so ever is Bust a Move '99 the games that do not work are Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mystical Ninja, and a few others.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
Ok, well, I suggest getting PJ64 1.5 SP1 for the best support. And Jabo's D3D 1.5.1 should work just swell for your card (I think). As far as Rice's plugin go to the 1964 forum and look for a thread about 5.1.0d if you want to use that plugin, there was a very long thread about problems and fixes. Or you can upgrade to the new 1964 0.9.9 beta and everyone is currently discussing the new 5.2.0 plugin from Rice.

You'll probably get the most support from doing searches in the PJ64 and 1964 forums concerning the plugin/emulator problems.

OP
S

Shirowullong

Yeah, The other pluggin didn't work either, but I switched to 1964 and everything is working now, thanks alot!!!

revl8er

That Damn Good
Make sure that you install pj64 1.5 and then the service pack. Also rice's plugin doesn't support the fx series gfx cards too good yet. Mario Tennis and Mario Golf aren't supported great yet, but they are being worked on. With Mystical Ninja the only plugin that supports it is rice's plugins. Try messing with the settings and you should have it working, but you will get flickering if you go to full screen.

Clements

I've found that Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0 works much better in 1964 0.9.9 than in Project64. In PJ64, I get extra glitches on top of the normal issues and flickering. Sometimes I get no video using it PJ64, while in 1964 0.9.9 it works just fine.

-Shadow-

Banned
On my PC daedelus works bad on 1964 and pj64 !!!
In Conkers bad fur day nearly the half of my textures are missing !!!
And nearly all of my other games have BIG graphic glitches !!!

rcgamer

the old guy
I have found that with working with the settings every game that says to use rices plugin works. sometimes it seems that other plugins cause conflicts with rices for some reason. like with allstar baseball when i used most of the audio plugins available the game would freeze up, then i tried azimers audio and got no sound but the game didnt freeze up at all. other games seem to work better with the rsp enabled though it shouldnt matter unless you use jabos sound.

Also remember that while the rom browser says playable it doesnt say perfect. Case in point , beetle adventure racing, with the new 5.3.0 everything but the sky looks awesome, even better than jabos plugin. but an ugly sky sure doesnt keep it from being playable.