What's new

Paper Mario with 1964 0.99

TheBiscuit

With the release of this magnificent new version of 1964, We have a new winner in the 'which emulator runs Paper Mario the best?' contest! :party:

There's no longer any question in my mind as to which emu to use, I now use one emu for all my games. However, as well as Paper Mario now runs, I'm not sure if this is as good as it gets, and in the interest of settling that question for the foreseesable future, I'd like to know if any of you have any custom settings for this game, since I am :crazy: and :huh: when it comes to tweaking all the new emulator settings, not to mention all of the settings of Rice's plugin. So please help me out, which, if any, of these settings can bring the emulated Paper Mario experience closer to perfection?

With this game I used to use GLN64 and 1964 0.8.5, and I now use Rice's new plugin version with 1964 0.9.9. Anyone had any good experiences using other plugins with this game?

The Biscuit

head21

¸,~*'~,¸¸,~'*²¹
For me Rice's 5.2.0 doesn't work at all. But 5.1.0 runs it great :D
same with 007, PD, Bettle Racing. I use Jodo's Audio with Paper
Mario as well.

OP
TheBiscuit

TheBiscuit

head21 said:
For me Rice's 5.2.0 doesn't work at all. But 5.1.0 runs it great :D
same with 007, PD, Bettle Racing. I use Jodo's Audio with Paper
Mario as well.

Not at all you say? Strange... I have it working in OpenGL mode with Rice 5.2.0.
Any special settings you use, or just the default? I'm always trying to get my fave N64 Cart working better. BTW what's Jodo's Audio plugin?

head21

¸,~*'~,¸¸,~'*²¹
lol sorry I meant Jabo's :blush:

Rice's 5.2.0 works but with alot of Graphic problems.
Witch I can't seem to fix.
In 5.1.0 I just use the defults but I use the
For Nvidia TNT\TNT2\Geforce or better combiner.

OP
TheBiscuit

TheBiscuit

head21 said:
lol sorry I meant Jabo's :blush:

Rice's 5.2.0 works but with alot of Graphic problems.
Witch I can't seem to fix.
In 5.1.0 I just use the defults but I use the
For Nvidia TNT\TNT2\Geforce or better combiner.

Yeah thought you meant jabo's, but wasn't 100% certain.
A question: By Graphic problems, do you mean strange transparancies; weird colors; and text where there should not be text? 'Cause I used to get these issues until I switched on Software T&L. You tried that? Someone suggested it This morning in another thread, and it worked for me.

Clements

Well, I play the game flawlessly with Glide64 0.5 + eVoodoo 3.99 Beta with almost no glitches whatsoever.

Pow!

riles9262

My dissident is here...
when will rice's plugin work right for radeon cards? for me i get mass corruption and/or straight crashing with both opengl and dx. meanwhile, jabo's have always worked great.

head21

¸,~*'~,¸¸,~'*²¹
This is what I get.
2.jpg

But with 5.1.0 It works great no problems at all.

Clements

Well, I just fiddled around with Rice's for a few minutes and got it almost flawless on my DX9 GeForceFX.

1964 0.9.9, Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0, In OpenGL Mode, Defaults.

No framebuffer, but awesome nonetheless.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Many problems are turned on by nonperfect frame buffer features, feel free to turn the feature off and you will feel better about the graphics.