What's new

Zelda and plugin problems

batata

im new to these forums so hi to everyone :pj64:

I used to use jabo's 1.5.1 video plugin.. it worked perfectly without any kind of problems but yesterday i installed a small aplication called GAME XP and it fucked my computer.. i had to reinstall all drivers and had to reconfigure almost everything on windows

now the problems:

ricedaedalus 5.2.0 plugin in direct3d mode simply won't initialize.. it gives a "cannot initialize DX8, check your..."
in opengl mode there are lots of graphic problems..

jabo's 1.5.1 initializes but the textures are all wrong...low quality..and link is white.. see in the screenshot

the gln64 v0.41 is the only working plugin.. but it has the 4suns problem in zelda and no lens flare..

im currently using directx 9 and all other games and benchmark software that depend on directx are working perfectly

i tried reinstalling PJ64 but the problems are still there.. fuckin game XP <- NEVER USE THAT SOFTWARE

i would appreciate if anyone could give me a tip on how to make jabo's plugin work as it should again =]

thanks

Kegsay

Beta Zelda 64 Mapper
Yeah reinstall win xp should do it. OR take off Game XP and try to restore your original configs (is that even possible?)

You could just try to take the Jabo 1.5.1 plugin and put it in the plugins folder. But getting PJ64 to accept it and DirectX will be tough.

OP
B

batata

Kegsay said:
Yeah reinstall win xp should do it. OR take off Game XP and try to restore your original configs (is that even possible?)

You could just try to take the Jabo 1.5.1 plugin and put it in the plugins folder. But getting PJ64 to accept it and DirectX will be tough.

i've have already set defaults in game xp and uninstalled it, but the defaults arent the configuration you were using before aplying game xp.. the defaults are some stupid configuration the creators of game xp invented.. im so pissed :ranting:

=(

i really didn't want to reinstall xp..that fucking game xp =/

at least everything is working fine.. the only problem is running directx stuff on PJ64..

does pj64 put anything on the registry, cause when i reinstalled it i only put it in another folder, and if there are settings in the registry these could have been applied to the "new" pj64 instalation..

there must be a way of getting things fixed without reinstalling xp..or i guess i'll have to stick with gln64 :unsure:

Clements

batata said:
does pj64 put anything on the registry, cause when i reinstalled it i only put it in another folder, and if there are settings in the registry these could have been applied to the "new" pj64 instalation..

there must be a way of getting things fixed without reinstalling xp..or i guess i'll have to stick with gln64 :unsure:

The reg entries can be deleted by clicking the files in the 'Uninstall' folder of PJ64.

OP
B

batata

Clements said:
The reg entries can be deleted by clicking the files in the 'Uninstall' folder of PJ64.

it didn't solve my problems but thanks anyway =]
im using gln64 and it's working ok..i'll wait for the next version and see if the creator fixes lens flare and the sun in zelda

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
I can't use glide64. I don't have a voodoo card. Or would this not fix it or is it not fixed? I heard around somewhere that there is a plugin to defeat the sun and lens flare, which causes black-out until you move, problem.

But anyways, we must wait and see.

-Shadow-

Banned
I think you need evoodoo , it emulates a voodoo card.

I used to use jabos directX6 Plugin in Zelda BUT its technically limited cuz it uses DX 6 so cant see the nice effects of the boss of the spirit temple . With Jabo's DX 7 Plugin i see the nice effects BUT the HUD got messed up : I don't see any animations in the HUD + the frame of the energy bar is gone.

I wouldn't recommend to use glide anyway it doesn't support Multi-Texturing which is used on the WHOLE ground of the Hylia plains !!!
You will see just the first texture that is used on the ground which is quite low-res :D

Clements

H3ad5h0tter said:
I used to use jabos directX6 Plugin in Zelda BUT its technically limited cuz it uses DX 6 so cant see the nice effects of the boss of the spirit temple .

Wow, I didn't know about that. I've have to get up to the Temple and see for myself.

H3ad5h0tter said:
I wouldn't recommend to use glide anyway it doesn't support Multi-Texturing which is used on the WHOLE ground of the Hylia plains !!!
You will see just the first texture that is used on the ground which is quite low-res :D

Yeah, this is eVoodoo's fault. I wouldn't normally recommend Glide64 + eVoodoo for Zelda because of this, but I'm sure Mcleod has spent many hours trying to solve it. Owners of below spec cards like Dark though have little choice but to use it since Jabo's, glN64() and the like are completely messed up for them. ;)

-Shadow-

Banned
The two witches have got animated hair with an alpha-channeled effect , thats it , i've seen it on my original n64 . When I fought against the witches , i thought there IS something strange at them , anything , then i remembered that the hair should be animated . These animated textures with an alpha channel appeared the first time in the Ego-Shooter unreal , one of the 2 new special inventions that were made within this game , the second one are the detailed textures like the ones on Hylia plains.....
By the way i'd like to attach some screenshots of the effect , how can i do this , it doesn't work with the attach file command ?!?

Clements

I, for one, would be interested in seeing these shots. The attach thing seems to be messed up with certain users, so you could try to get some webspace and use img tags for them to show up. Someone has already bugged Martin (the Admin) that sceenies don't work properly!

-Shadow-

Banned
I've actually tested the gln 64 v 0.4.1 plugin with PJ64 , IT ROCKS !!!
I see the animated hair on the witches head , plus , the *&$%$/* sqare on the front of the witches turned into that normal texture that it is supposed to be ( it looks like a devil circle ).
And the hylia plains look also very nice !!!
To anyone who wants to Play zelda with full effects : use GLn64!!
The so-called "experimental" frame buffer also works PERFECT , the frame buffer texture with Link on it in on the equipment screen looks LIKE ON A REAL CONSOLE !!!

Argh dammit , i still can't attach files !!!

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
The Question is a little bit off-Topic , but where can i get just a FEW amount of free Webspace ????

Last edited:
OP
B

batata

H3ad5h0tter said:
I've actually tested the gln 64 v 0.4.1 plugin with PJ64 , IT ROCKS !!!
I see the animated hair on the witches head , plus , the *&$%$/* sqare on the front of the witches turned into that normal texture that it is supposed to be ( it looks like a devil circle ).
And the hylia plains look also very nice !!!
To anyone who wants to Play zelda with full effects : use GLn64!!
The so-called "experimental" frame buffer also works PERFECT , the frame buffer texture with Link on it in on the equipment screen looks LIKE ON A REAL CONSOLE !!!

Argh dammit , i still can't attach files !!!
it's almost perfect.. but the sun doesn't work correctly and there are no lens flare =/

teh sun and the lens flare are rendered correctl in jabo's 1.5.1.... but I haven't found a way to fix D3D plugins in my computer and that is waht we were discussing in the topic =]

I just don't know why i can't get directx plugins to work correctly in N64 emulators like it worked before.. all other directx games work perfectly

-Shadow-

Banned
The sun isn't drawn correctly because the plugin does not support emulate clear!
You also need hardware that supports emulate clear (nearly every actual graphics card can do the job...)

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
H3ad5h0tter said:
The sun isn't drawn correctly because the plugin does not support emulate clear!
You also need hardware that supports emulate clear (nearly every actual graphics card can do the job...)

Actually, you're wrong. All emulate clear does is render the lens flare effect.

Jabo's GFX renderer plugin 1.3 had the sun rendered properly with no artifacts
without the lens flare and that was before Project64 1.4, which is the first
to include emulate clear.

gamer_guy

Umm. I hadn't even tried version 5.2 of Rice's Daedalus plugin until yesterday (and now there's 5.3).

At any rate, DX rendering worked fine on my machine with Rice's Daedalus until I tinkered with some of the options in it. And now DX can't initialize in the emulator so I'm stuck with OpenGL.

At any rate, the intro menus are goofy on Zelda and I can't read the text hardly at all because it's black.

Now the thing to remember is that DX rendering DID work initially. I don't know what screwed it up but now it won't work for me either.

Really all I'm looking for is good plugin with 2xsai. Rice is good, but it's buggy with Zelda and stuff since I'm forced to use OpenGL.

Last edited:
OP
B

batata

gln64 is a good opengl plugin.. you could use it
zelda is almost perfect
the only 2 problems i've noticed is the sun that isn't draw correctly and theres no lens flare

-Shadow-

Banned
@Clements
Here are some screens of the effect of the Boss in the Spirit temple!!!
Its a small comparison!
With gln64 , it looks like on a n64...
With Jabos DX6 , the effect cannot be drawn...
With Jabos DX7 , the effect is Improved cuz the texture size has been doubled...