Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

N64 Paper Mario and plugins

I'm trying to play Paper Mario with Project 64, but it has some pretty terrible flicker problems at points. On the startup screen it says for the "Status" column of Paper Mario "Issues (plugin)", and for the "Notes (default plugins)" column it says "[video] flicker". So is this saying that I need a special plugin to fix the flicker? Is there a better emulator available, either in general or for Paper Mario?

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I recommend using Glide64 0.5 + eVoodoo 3.99 Beta to remove the flicker from the game. I assume you are not intending to use your Linux OS as you are using PJ64, so:

Download them from the download section and extract eVoodoo into your PJ64 folder and extract Glide64 into your plugin directory.

Should have no flicker even in Toad Town.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can also use the rice's Daedelus v 5.2.0 which is packed with the 1964 Emulator in pj64 but you have to copy 2 files in the pj64 folder that i cant remember if you want to use the plugin .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rice's Daedelus didn't appear to work (it kept asking for daedalus.ini. I tried downloading the original Daedalus program and copying the ini from that to the plugins and main Pj64 directorys, but it didn't help), and the Glide/Voodoo thing didn't help at all, it just said it had to run in full screen mode, but when I tried to swich to full screen it wouldn't even try, it'd just sit there as if I hadn't issued any commands. Is it named after the Voodoo graphics cards because it emulates them or what? I'm using a Radeon 9800 Pro if it's relevant.

Oh, and I edited my profile to say Mandrake and WinXP. I run WinXP for games, emulators included (I don't know what the emulation scene is like for Linux).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerek
    Rice's Daedelus didn't appear to work (it kept asking for daedalus.ini. I tried downloading the original Daedalus program and copying the ini from that to the plugins and main Pj64 directorys, but it didn't help), and the Glide/Voodoo thing didn't help at all, it just said it had to run in full screen mode, but when I tried to swich to full screen it wouldn't even try, it'd just sit there as if I hadn't issued any commands. Is it named after the Voodoo graphics cards because it emulates them or what? I'm using a Radeon 9800 Pro if it's relevant.

Oh, and I edited my profile to say Mandrake and WinXP. I run WinXP for games, emulators included (I don't know what the emulation scene is like for Linux).
    The linux emulation scene is pretty good.. and getting better. I use my linux box for LOTS of emulation. ZSNES for linux works well, The mame port XMAME works good with the frontend GXMAME, Fakenes is good for NES emulation, DGENS is a pretty good genesis emulator, and the n64 emulator mupen64 for linux is shaping up well (With my geforce3/1.6 Ghz computer I get near full-speed to full speed with games like OOT, Banjo Kazooie, Mario-Kart 64, Mario64, and others). Unfortunately mupen64 is not fully compatible with paper mario yet. The game starts up, but when you press start to begin a new game, it doesn't work. The rice Daedelus plugin, the glnintendo64 plugins, and the tr64 gl plugins have been ported. Glnintendo64 works best with me.
    The penguin rules cyberspace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as I know, no plugin is perfect for this game. Glide64 with EVoodoo (you did install EVoodoo too, right?) will get rid of the flicker, but then the menu (accessed by pressing the start button) won't work. Evoodoo has some texture problems too. Dunno why Rice's didn't work for you. It works great with 1964. Anyway, that plugin gets rid of the flicker too but game me some severe speed issues in certain areas that are bound to show up even with your CPU speed.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Use Rice 5.10 or GLN64 4.1. Both work on my Radeon.

Mario Freak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    when i use rice, it makes the ground black to me thats even worse

Mario Freak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    omg....... the rice plugin made mario turn into a block along with all the others

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what is the best plugins for project64 1.6 please list like the following:
    Graphics:
    Sound:
    Input:

(Pray be specific to detail)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast