What's new

1964 0.99 Faq (Read this before posting a new thread)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
#1.

Q: Rice's video doesn't seem to work very well with my Radeon.

A: Use Rice's versions 5.4.3b or newer.

#2.

Q: Schibo's audio (doesn't work, is crackly, isn't as high quality as others) for me.

A: Don't use an RSP with Schibo's audio. If you do, make sure to go into it's configuration and set it so alists are NOT processed by the RSP. If it is crackly, you may want to try to go into rom properties and set DMA to NO. The plugin currently does not filter the sound, so it may not sound as crisp as other plugins. Schibo may look into this further.

#3.

Q: Why doesn't jabo's DirectSound work?

A: Make sure to enable the RSP, and select Jabo's RSP to make Jabo's audio work.

#4.

Q: Why does Rice's video look so strange (gforce users)

A: Rice's video has two modes. If DirectX does not produce the video quality you'd like, try changing it to OGL mode. This may result in better rendering of some scenes, as does the reverse.

#5.

Q: Why does the emulator do very strange things when loading plugins?

A: Try using the uninstall for Rice's video. The paths to the dll may have changed, and there may be other issues.

Q: Why doesn't Donkey Kong 64 work?

A:
It does...

1): start the rom with CF5 enabled.
2): Once past the rap song start a new game
3): When the introduction sequence begins, reboot with the same as step 1
4): select the same save file you just createda min ago and you shouldn't have to watch the intro, it will go into the game...
5): change the CF to CF3 once you're playing
6): enjoy...

This is probably the best way of working with this rom...

Q: game X (Ie blast corps) is too fast?

A: Try using a higher CF number, CF5 is known to be OK on blast corps, at least for me, or even lowering the emulation speed with the variable emulation speed

#8.

Q: Why does conker's Bad Fur Day look so bad with Rice's 5.2.0 plugin?

A: IT's not meant to be used with Rice's. Use Jabo's D3d 1.5.1 and it will work properly.

#9.

Q: I have an AMD K6-2 CPU, and I get an "emulation exception" error for every game.

A: 1964 0.99 doesn't run on AMD K6-2 CPUs. The authors are aware and looking into it.

#10.

Q: Why do the framebuffer features not work with Rice's 5.2.0 plugin in Open GL mode?

A: They are only supported in DirectX mode.

#11.

Q: when I load a state in some games (Top Gear Overdrive and Conkers BFD as examples) why do I sometimes get a freeze in emulation?

A: The save state function for some games does not work properly. The authors are aware, and looking into this. This can also cause a loss of audio in some games.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
#6-7 up there now ^

Q: Star fox 64 has loud noise instead of audio.

A: Do not use Schibos Audio plugin with this game, it does not support it.

Last edited:
OP
karth95

karth95

Lord of the Cats
#8.

Q: Why does conker's Bad Fur Day look so bad with Rice's 5.2.0 plugin?

A: IT's not meant to be used with Rice's. Use Jabo's D3d 1.5.1 and it will work properly.

Martin

Administrator
FAQ entries merged to the first post, great idea guys, keep them coming. :)

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Sayargh said:

Q: Why doesn't Donkey Kong 64 work?

A:
It does...

1): start the rom with CF5 enabled.
2): Once past the rap song start a new game
3): When the introduction sequence begins, reboot with the same as step 1
4): select the same save file you just createda min ago and you shouldn't have to watch the intro, it will go into the game...
5): change the CF to CF3 once you're playing :p
6): enjoy...

This is probably the best way of working with this rom...

What? In step 2, did you mean, instead of "start a new game", did you mean, "create a save state"?

Trotterwatch

Nope, he meant once you are past the rap intro start a new game... then wait for the intro to start, reset the rom then start a new game, you're previous game will be there for you to load - albeit without having to watch the intro.

This method is used for skipping the intro which craps out at a certain point.

scotty

The Great One
Trotterwatch said:
Nope, he meant once you are past the rap intro start a new game... then wait for the intro to start, reset the rom then start a new game, you're previous game will be there for you to load - albeit without having to watch the intro.

This method is used for skipping the intro which craps out at a certain point.

and your input plugin will somehow shut off on you, so you wont be able to control the game, or at least thats what happens on my computer.

NeoNight

why doesn't Top gear overdrive work? it loads up the snowblind logo then when I press a or start it freezes then the screen goes black. How do I get i to work? am using rices video.

the sound still occasionally mutes even if am using a differen' audio plugin. Right now am using jabo's 1.5 audio plugin.

Also I noticed sometimes the pause button doesn't work when you click it for some reason, but it seems to always work when you press f3 :blink:

Last edited:

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Top Gear Overdrive

Hi,
Here is my config . Check your rom properties and plugin config with mine on my second post on this thread.
CF is 2 , Frame buffer R/W is off ,use Schibo's Audio plugin ,dont use rsp plugin. Remember to set the combiner type for your video card in Rice's video Plugin. Please take notice this is what worked for me and may not work for others.
Edit: make sure link code blocks in rom properties is off . Thanks to NeoNight
Frame buffer R/W is on by default when you first install and thats the only thing I needed to change in rom properties.

Tool tips: some texture filters may cause the game to be slow when loading the intro . Start the game with all texture filters set to Default in texture filters tab on Rice's 5.5.1 video plugin . At the start of a race you can turn them on.
If the car/track menu screens are only readable by moving the D-pad or control stick. Set the Use CI width and ratio (NTSC or PAL) in the video settings , current game options tab . then click ok. Menu screens should look right now before and after a race.

I value being a member here a lot and I wouldn't want to risk it for one post, Mods let me know if i need to remove this post. Thank you Schibo and Rice the new 1964 is Great , Liteuser

Edited for updated Rice Video 5.5.1 plugin .

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

I can't see anything wrong with your post Liteuser (unless I'm being exceptionally thick that is :)).

/btw I think this thread will probably be occasionally culled for replies (would make sense perhaps).

NeoNight

edit: opps nvm I forgot to take of frame buffer in the rom options

edit: edit: yup the game freezes at the car select screen :doh:

Last edited:

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi ,
Check your config here for Top Gear Overdrive.
Rom properties screen shot . and Rice's Video 5.5.0b2 plugin screenshot.

Last edited:

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Trot - I think he was talking about double-posting in two different threads about the same thing. I guess as long as he agnolodged (man, can't spell at all!) it, he shouldn't get in trouble.

NeoNight

ok I got it working thanks.. it was the link blocking option I thought I had to put it on turns out I had to leave it off.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
If you feel it's necessary...

12. Why doesn't WWF No Mercy work in Netplay?

A. To play the game, you need to delete the save file you have for the game from the saves folder of your local 1964 directory. All included parties need to do this. This clears all data, which allows the game to syncronize and start. If you don't clear the data from both people's directories, then it won't start. This is why it works when you first play it but not the second time.