What's new

1964 0.99 Faq (Read this before posting a new thread)

amano

Q: I thought, Dr. Mario would run with 1964:

A: It does. Make sure that you use the current Daedalus video plugin 5.3.1 (otherwise download it).
Turn on "Software T&L" and use the "With emulator" framebuffer setting.

NeoNight

I updated my sound card drivers and yet my sound still mutes after a certain amount of time of gameplay.

onetwothree

amano said:

A: It does. Make sure that you use the current Daedalus video plugin 5.3.1 (otherwise download it).
Might wanna change that, some people still can't get it to work (like me).

rcgamer

the old guy
amano said:

It works great for me with render to texture plus under n64 framebuffer.

sifi

I have found the new Nineteen 64 to be blindingly fast
which is exellent considering my PC setup.

however I get flicker only in fullscreen mode
with rice's plugin and all default settings with all games.
jabo's ( D3D 6&7 ) is almost perfect if not as fast.

This is not a complaint, im very impressed with all the hard work
of the authors and thank them for another great emu.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
13. I have many errors in my Geforce FX card with Rice Daedalus 5.4.x...

Enable Soft Clipping and Soft T&L.....

khanmeister

Banned
Nighty0 said:
13. I have many errors in my Geforce FX card with Rice Daedalus 5.4.x...

Enable Soft Clipping and Soft T&L.....

That doesn't ALWAYS help. Rice is looking for an FX card to test with, atm (or so I gathered in another thread).

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
khanmeister said:
That doesn't ALWAYS help. Rice is looking for an FX card to test with, atm (or so I gathered in another thread).

solved for me and my friends (3xFX5200 and 2xFX5600)

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
14. Is soooooo slow in fullscreen mode, and/or is flashing (too).......

Solution given by Rice in another Thread
If using DirectX, you can use COPY instead of FLIP to stop flashing. This is an easiest solution, but will be slow since fullscreen is mean to use FLIP.

To stop flashing, you need to choose the best "Frame update at" option for the game since your game may not be set in the INI. You at least need to use "Frame Update At" = "At VI origin changes". You may want to try other values of this option for different games.

Croustibat

SuperFish
resident evil 2 (Euro(french/english version))

Sorry for my bad english

resident evil 2 (Euro(french/english version))
Which settings with this rom please?
Thanks

dataangel

Will the next version of rice come with an RSP plugin? The only one I know of is PJ64's, and if you use that for a game you're not supposed to it screws up, so I think whether or not to use an RSP plugin should be one of the things it remembers in the ini for each game.

dataangel

What does the RSP plugin do? Why use it only with Jabos? Also, mupen and project64 use the same RSP plugin (that or they're the exact same size).

Legend

The PJ64 is better but you need a faster computer. I ALWAYS use Schibo's with the PJ64 RSP-it's better than using the 1964 built-in thingy for sound processing.

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
karth95 said:
#8.

Q: Why does conker's Bad Fur Day look so bad with Rice's 5.2.0 plugin?

A: IT's not meant to be used with Rice's. Use Jabo's D3d 1.5.1 and it will work properly.

I think this a little out of date now

Conkers use Rice 5.6.0, Jabo's or glide64.

Drake

no sound in Castlevania

im trying to play Castlevania:Legacy of Darkness and in nemu64 it ran fine except that the graphics were warped, however when i used 1964 it looked and ran perfectly.... except that there is no sound, no sound at all none whatsoever. im not sure what to do but if you could tell me that would be great.

EDIT: i have tried 2 other games Army Men:Sarges Heroes and Gauntlet Legends they both have no sound BUT! when i played Harvest Moon 64 the sound came in fine and clear. im not sure whats wrong but i hope somebody does.

Last edited:

Onslaught Si

Okaaay.

I've got 1964 and WWF No Mercy Won't Save. It 'will' save on Project64, which for some reason can't use Rice's new plugin on my comp (which is why I use 1964.) However, being unable to save, I can't do anything...

Anybody happen to know the settings I need?