What's new

1964 Release

Macca

And the first release of 2004 goes to the team at 1964.

Here is the news straight off the press;

<font class=post_quote>Here's your new year's gift. 1964 v0.9.9 is here. With over one year in private development since the release 1964 0.8.5. and with over 3 months in beta testing, 1964 0.9.9 features hundreds of fixes and enhancements. Note: If you have an ATI Radeon video card, Rice's Video plugin will be unstable for you. Use a different video plugin instead. This will be fixed in a new version.

Major new 1964 features include:

* A new friendlier user interface makes finding options easy
* Fixes and support for many new games including Turok3, Donkey Kong 64, and Top Gear Overdrive
* New ini configuration settings
* ROM Browser caching for fast loading of 1964
* Tweak 1964's speed at the touch of a key
* Frameskip and AutoCF features for slower machines
* A new Help Manual
* Multiple Language support
* An improved CPU core with many bug fixes and is much faster
* An Improved 32bit CPU core, linker and faster overall code generation
* Reworked core/audio synchronization and major improvements in audio quality and speed
* Completely reworked Kaillera netplay
* Packaged with N-Rage's input plugin
* CPU Frame buffer read/write notification for video plug-ins
</font>

Head on over to the 1964 Homepage to grab the release and check out more info.

Last edited:

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Screw it, i'll ask in the 1964 thread.

-I had a Q but then came back and edited it out

Last edited:

Clements

This is a nice release. Practically just got up since I stayed up late for the Star Ocean translation, so now I'm frantically changing my save files from the PJ64 format to the 1964 format and working out how to configure Rice's plugin on my DX9 GeForce with not too much success but I'm getting there!

I'm just happy that Mystical Ninja was fixed on my card at least! Superb! So many new features to play around with! Do I see pre-game plugin settings? I believe I do! Who needs frontends :happy:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
*bows to the masters*

Congragulations guys! Amazing!

*waits very patiently for the Rice's Radeon fix and the new releases of Glide and Evoodoo, for the ultimate emulation experience!*

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!! First the Star Ocean translation, then this. All I need is a Gens release and that'll complete my New Year's trifecta! :bunny: :holiday: :bunny: