What's new

Your first time

Davemc

Dave
I read in my N64 magazine about UltraHLE back in about 1998/9 so I got on my PC and checked it out for myself.
The magazine was basically slagging it off and slagging PC gamers off too.
I downloaded Mario 64 and played it for a bit on my 200MHz K6 shit, ran alright, but not great. Then found SNES emulation, and because it worked fine with the computer, I stuck to it for a few years, before coming back to N64 emulation when I got a better computer. (2001)

euphoria

Emutalk Member
I saw UltraHLE 1.0.0 running Super Mario 64 on my friends computer running linux and wine back in '99. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Emulating windows (what i thought then, now i know better) and emulating Nintendo64 on top of that.
Then i got my copy of UHLE, SM64 and Zelda: OOT. Played Zelda through with my AMD K6-2 200Mhz == 3~6 fps on Hyrule Field ;)

vleespet

The decent one
Ultrahle ran after overclocking my 486 (to 120 mhz) with Super Mario 64 at a playable speed. After I saw corn running at a high speed, I tought that some games would be emulated at a full speed at that system. Unfortunatly Corn and UltraHLE were the only real high-speed N64 emulators ever, so that wish never came true :(.