What's new

The magic word is "roms"

Status
Not open for further replies.

flow``

flow``
here's the deal guys
you mention distributing roms, saying i have rom links, basically, any indication of rom transfering will not be tolerated. You say the magic words and your instantly banned, no questions asked, all judgements are final.

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
Good thing. Not only have I grown extremely tired of people asking for ROMs, but also the guys that are throwing it all around that "they have a great source" or "they have an URL that has lots of good ROMs".

Kakarot

LOL :D I remember when rom requests were allowed and almost no one ever did (I guess they thought the boards had been taken over by FBI or something). Now that it is not allowed (again) people seem to request roms left and right...."Where can I find game X" every two seconds!

Ironically game X is almost always WWF No Mercy

sk8bloke22

roll for life
zakkwylde, that is the funniest avatar.

can ppl ask for like Mame roms, or something legal. i hav no idea why someone would do that as they r so easy to get, or like games for commodore64......i mean emutalk isnt gonna get sued.

bjz

roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms roms

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
skatebloke: Well, I think it's okay to ask for roms for systems that aren't manufactured nor sold anymore, such as the NES, Saturn and Atari. But don't count on it...

Say, since the magic word is "roms", does that mean I can say "rom" and get away with it? :p

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Fool, ur thinking morally .
legally, u r only entitled a rom of a game that u own as a back-up.

and i think i read somewhere that nintendo says something like its not legal to own a rom until a game has been out for 75 years. Yes, i said years. that means unless that rom was created before WWII u cant hav it.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
No, because there is no way we can tell whether you are telling the truth or not.

BTW, are you the spy I know from the ihug servers?

Triz

IHug is a shitty Australian isp

and i've seen people talking about 'roms' everywhere since the start of this thread

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Spyder said:

wtf is ihug??

I guess your not then :D

And Triz, I wouldn't call it a shitty isp, in fact its the best dial-up isp in sydney, imo (and I've had a lot of isps').

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Finally someone stands up to the rom requests , the posting of rom links etc. Keep it up Flow I'll support you on this. :)

newspawn

hi

I am new in the world of the emulation

I am perplexed when i read that whoever will ask rom it will come banned
and who asks explanations for roms that don't work with the emulator?
who can show that they possess the rom and also the original game?

I would like to understand the difference to avoid to be banned

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.