What's new

gln64 4.1 probs with catalyst 3.10

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
I installed Catalyst 3.10 yesterday and since this my Pj64 SP1 with gln64 is completely hanging up if i start a game (yes i know that i must have the atioglxx.dll from catalyst 3.7)! but I want to use gln64 because it is the nicest Plugin for Zelda

jdsony

FloW3184 said:
I installed Catalyst 3.10 yesterday and since this my Pj64 SP1 with gln64 is completely hanging up if i start a game (yes i know that i must have the atioglxx.dll from catalyst 3.7)! but I want to use gln64 because it is the nicest Plugin for Zelda

You could use atioglxx.dll from Catalyst 3.7. =p

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I recently tried glN64 0.4.1 with Catalyst 3.10, and I ran into alot of problems as well...looks like ATI changed around a bunch of stuff since 0.4.1 was released. This will, of course, be fixed in the next version, but unfortunately there really isn't much I can do until then...

Reznor007

Cat 3.10 seems to work ok for me, except for the framebuffer effects, which give me a black screen if I have it checked.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Reznor007 said:
Cat 3.10 seems to work ok for me, except for the framebuffer effects, which give me a black screen if I have it checked.

Same here. Looks great minus when the HW framebuffer is enabled then just a black screen also.

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Orkin said:
I recently tried glN64 0.4.1 with Catalyst 3.10, and I ran into alot of problems as well...looks like ATI changed around a bunch of stuff since 0.4.1 was released. This will, of course, be fixed in the next version, but unfortunately there really isn't much I can do until then...

k
I hope you will fix it soon ^^
(if you have the time for it)
that would be awesome! :D

I got it to work for me... but only in 640 x 480 and 16bit (lol)
and only if i am not using the atioglxx.dll and without framebuffer
and in every game that uses blending (from black to normal colours) there is a bug in the the right upper quarter of the screen. in Mario 64 it is very good noticable ^^

Last edited:

Zuzma

FloW3184 said:
k
I hope you will fix it soon ^^
(if you have the time for it)
that would be awesome! :D

I got it to work for me... but only in 640 x 480 and 16bit (lol)
and only if i am not using the atioglxx.dll and without framebuffer
and in every game that uses blending (from black to normal colours) there is a bug in the the right upper quarter of the screen. in Mario 64 it is very good noticable ^^

Yikes! I think you've got some other problems because mario 64 looks great on mine minus the hardware frambuffer not working at all. Sides I've got the crappiest radeon in this thread... er soon it will be a 9600 XT though. :D

Edit: How could you not be using atioglxx.dll ?? The card needs that for opengl unless you're using microsofts or sgi's software opengl implementation or a opengl to direct3d wrapper. Also did you do a clean install of your drivers or did you install them on top of the old ones? I find if you uninstall the old ones first and erase all the old ati registry entries and ati files in the system folder the install will go alot smoother. Sometimes you need to disconnect your internet connection too because windows xp will automaticly download drivers for you if you have a fixed internet connection like cable or dsl.

Last edited:
OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
hmmmm
strange... I tried it now on nemu64
and it is woking nicely!
even with framebuffer activated!
I tried to uninstal everything from pj64 and removed the folder and every(!) entry in the registry
and then i reinstalled it again.... same problem (but only on pj64)

[edit] Now I tested the Framebuffer option on Nemu, but it does not work for me![/edit]

Last edited:

jdsony

FloW3184 said:
hmmmm
strange... I tried it now on nemu64
and it is woking nicely!
even with framebuffer activated!
I tried to uninstal everything from pj64 and removed the folder and every(!) entry in the registry
and then i reinstalled it again.... same problem (but only on pj64)

[edit] Now I tested the Framebuffer option on Nemu, but it does not work for me![/edit]

You could always go back to using Catalyst 3.7 until a new glN64 plugin is released. It's usually best to have up to date drivers but Catalyst 3.10 isn't going to really do much for you over 3.7 unless you were having problems before with other things.

gandalf

Member ready to help
FRame Buffer it´s not 100% supported by GL N64.The plug-in not support the board in mario kart,1080º Snowboarding,etc.

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
now i uninstalled the catalyst 3.10,
then i started winxp in savemode as admin and deleted every ati*.sys and ati*.dll on my system.
then i installed catalyst 3.7 from the ati website.
the result:
PJ64 1.5 SP1 is not woking with the gln64 4.1 plugin (but it worked some weeks ago)
but it is working on Nemu.
i uninstalled PJ64 (remove all Project64 settings.reg)
and deleted the folder.
then i reinstalled it again and it doesn't work. (PJ64 crashes)
are there any registry enties that i must delete to have a complete fresh installation?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
There is a known problem with glN64 0.4.1, Radeon 9700 boards and Project64. It doesn't occur on Radeon 9500 or 9800 cards. I don't known if it will be fixed in the next glN64 release or not.