What's new

Dolwin 0.8 released

Martin

Administrator
<a href="http://www.ngemu.com">dixon</a> let me know Dolwin 0.08 has been released. Dolwin is a GameCube emulator for Windows, coded by org. There are no release notes for this release, however, org has put up a short FAQ at the following URL:

http://dolwin.emulation64.com/FAQ.txt

Click <a href="http://www.emulation64.com/GC/Emu/Dolwin/dolwin008.rar">here</a> to download Dolwin 0.08.

Congrats to the release org! :)

Clements

This is what I get when loading Pong. I don't get any video! I just get the debugger. I need to get me some more stuff to test! Dolwin does look better with each release - now with program icon! :)

Evrain

The Forbidden One
This version seems different from the one used for the screenies though: it has no GUI interface (for game loading) nor the quick taskbar in the upper side of the screen. Maybe this is a version without the code needed for commercial games and/or the newest code?
Evrain

EDIT: I tried something on the v0.0.8 and in fact I can get nothing (not even demos nor Freeloader) to work. Is this an old release and the author got confused when publishing it?

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Evrain said:
EDIT: I tried something on the v0.0.8 and in fact I can get nothing (not even demos nor Freeloader) to work. Is this an old release and the author got confused when publishing it?

looks like a patch to make freeloader work.... "freeldr.ppf" sounds like a patch alright :)

Trotterwatch

Clements said:
This is what I get when loading Pong. I don't get any video! I just get the debugger. I need to get me some more stuff to test! Dolwin does look better with each release - now with program icon! :)
Just type run at that dialog :) it will work then.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
ector said:
Sounds like Evrain is confusing Dolwin with Dolphin :)

Ok ok, now I am completely lost. Dolwin isn't Dolphin but there are TWO emulators out there??? :blink: One of them can run everything (maybe even Windows XP without crashes) while the other must be:
a. run from the debugger
b. doesn't work with Frreeloader
Explanations are very much appreciated. Othe question: how you test a not-DOLed game?
Evrain

SculleatR

Ninphin Author
sonicadvance: it looks it failed to read the IdentPlugin (plugin spec) function of the PAD plugin...

about freeloader I got it working with the freeloader DOL, not with ISO, in older
versions. Check aboutbox as it says 0.08 for homebrewn debug.

2fast4u

sonicadvance said:
I get this Gay Message When I start it up, Then it wonk start

had the same problem when i copied the new version in folder with the old one in it. delete the folder, unpack the new version and it should work.

DesktopMan

You might also need to delete registry settings...

btw, f5 is run aswell. And for homebrew stuff, you need to choose the homebrew gfx plugin.

Clements

Trotterwatch said:
Just type run at that dialog :) it will work then.

Thanks! :p

I was so frightened by the debugger I didn't know what to do! :happy:

I got it to work! :satisfied

M

mainframe19

wow!! after i thought that work on dolwin had been given up!

but am glad to see coder or coders still working on it! any how great work!can't wait till this emu can play some gcms!
p.s. are there more than 1 people codeing this emu?? and do you share infor. with the dolphin ngc emu team????

M

mainframe19

Clements said:

how did you get into that debugger in dolwin008?

DesktopMan

You must choose "video plugin for homebrewn" to get graphics.

Yes, emu authors usually talk to each other a bit :p

Or9 has been the main coder so far, but other people have helped.

Zilla

&#22818;&#12434;&#35211;&#12425;&#12428;&#12383;
DesktopMan said:
You must choose "video plugin for homebrewn" to get graphics.

Yes, emu authors usually talk to each other a bit :p

Or9 has been the main coder so far, but other people have helped.

So is this GPL'ed? Now or in the future?