What's new

Conkers Problems in Ireland

Ulic1

Sorry guys but I am having a slight problem,

In that when I start the rom it goes right up to the N64

under the lamplight in the intro and crashes.

What can be done please.

The rom is Conker's Bad Fur Day (E) [!].z64

Please any ideas.

P.S.

I dont meant to be cheeky but

In starwars podracer is there anything I can do to fix the

menus and fix the screwed up shadows under the pods

hmmm

First try GoodN64 on the conker rom. If its good, try the american (U) version (the one i have, it works perfectly)

OP
U

Ulic1

Hey that worked thanxs man

It slowed the game down terrible

but I chaged it back after and it speed up and did not crash

just one problem

Why is he white not all of him just the tail and parts of the head

I really should be shot for looking this gifthorse in the mouth but

If you dont ask you cant be answered.

Is there anyway to make the sound less jittery please ?

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
man, that probably means that you do not have the latest drivers for your geforce as i had this problem before as well, try getting new drivers.

as for the sound try different plugins?

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
Well, your specs are fine, so you shouldn't be experiencing jittery sound. (I've got a 1.2 Athlon and a GF2 64, my game runs pretty smooth)

The "whiteness" is mainly because for some reason the emulator won't render the textures. This could be because of your drivers, the newest ones aren't always the best. People have been experiencing this with other ROMs, but I can't remember what can be done about it. :p

Zombie9920

I don't have any texture problems in CBFD using the 21.85 drivers. The newest drivers (23.11) don't support true 32-Bit color. They play a little trick where the mode is 32-bit but the Z-Buffer is 24-Bit(which may be what is causing your texture problems). Any driver prior to the 22.xx series don't play this trick(They aren't as fast in 32-Bit because the Z-Buffer is truely in 32-Bit).

Last edited:

plazmay2k

actually

Actually I had that problem too but I checked "change blending mode if invalid for vid card w/e, and it worked fine, except for thin white lines surrounding certain contours on conkers face, try that.

TheLostMarioBro

Try selecting: "use 32-bit textures if needed" for pj1.3

or

selecting "16 and 32bpp" next to Texture format.

If your graphix and sound are stuttering a lil, you might need to defrag your hd.

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
dave_luther said:
i have the [E] rom, works fine, cant u just skip the intro by pressing start?

No you can't skip the intro normally....
but there's a way to skip it. Wait until appears the red Nintendo logo, then reset. Now when you see the intro, you can skip it by pressing start.