EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help Getting Satourne to Work PLEASE!!!!

Ok. I have a ripped copy of Shining Wisdom, and I got it to work in SSF, and i saw Satourne, so I was trying it out, but the problem is, when i try to load the game, after the Sega Saturn Splash Screen, it goes to black, and my whole comp drops to like 2 fps. the game doesnt load. How exactly ami supposed to set up Satourne to work on my computer. here are my comp specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
    512mb DDR-SDRAM
    etc, etc.

I think it has something to do with the set up of my plugins, but i dont exactly know how to set up my system. please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    probably unemulated :/
    ...and on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I myself just burned a copy of Radiant Silvergun I got from a highly reliable source: beepbeepbeep.beep. I got it in a .nrg file and all the files burned onto the CD correctly with Nero. However, SSEmu doesnt load the video at all (why it doesnt, I have no idea), but Satourne seemed promising. I'm dedicated to get it working, but when I load the program it complains that I don't have "WNASPI32.DLL". So, I searched through my files and found that Ahead Nero has that same file included. Where would I copy it to get this stuff working? I copied it to the CD Block directory and it still wouldn't load the BIOS. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I'm dedicated to getting this game running.

edit by 2fast4u: no reference to warez sites plz oki thx
    Last edited by 2fast4u; December 4th, 2003 at 19:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wnsapi32.dll is a win9x driver which wont help you on xp. get your win2k/xp aspi layer driver here: http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...s+ASPI+Package
    ...and on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, concerned about getting this. When it installs, what does it do to my computer? I thought ASPI was a CD Burner-related function. Couldn't I just find the DLL somewhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not entirely certain what ASPI is, but I know a lot of emulators use it for CD drive communication. Windows 9x/Me has it natively, but Windows 2000/XP doesn't. Fortunately, you can install them from the link above. Which you should do now if you ever want to use Satourne.
    "Just remember, I'm the best. There's no one out there who can defeat me."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I just downloaded and installed that aspi deal, and I get a different message loading the program itself: No SCSI2 device found. When the program is open, in the little text window, I get things like "ASPI CD block plugin v1.0A: ASPI initialisation error", "InitCDBlockPlugin () Failed". Anymore ideas? Cause Im a big fan of this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm... well to get ASPI support, I used ForceASPI 1.7 a while back. A newer version 1.8 seems to be out which I'll be trying after this. You might want to give it a try.
    "Just remember, I'm the best. There's no one out there who can defeat me."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Possibly. Im doubting that would solve the problem I was talking about though, no offense. I'd like to figure out how anyone else fixed the problem I had.. either case, thanks for the suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok when i go to choose a cd block plugin it says "No SCSI2 Device Found" what do i do