What's new

super mario advance 4

pillsburry1

i got it but it says my saveds games are coupted i never even played it yet and its not letting me play because of this problem.

Flash

Technomage
bennykurns said:
I have the same problem. Also at the startup, it shows "Gameboy Player" that's odd....

If it's about VisualBoyAdvance - go to Options/Emulator/Save Type and choose Flash 128K.
It works

Clements

Use this attached save file and you shouldn't hopefully get the corrupt message (It is 128K which is the correct size). The Gameboy player thing is normal (Nintendo advertising it?).

pandamoan

Banned
Clements said:
Use this attached save file and you shouldn't hopefully get the corrupt message (It is 128K which is the correct size). The Gameboy player thing is normal (Nintendo advertising it?).

it's kind of sad that nintendo isn't funding game innovation anymore, but rather re-releasing old games on new platforms as a "safe" investment.

the early mario bros ARE great games though.

Trotterwatch

it's kind of sad that nintendo isn't funding game innovation anymore, but rather re-releasing old games on new platforms as a "safe" investment.

They are a business with a duty to make money for shareholders etc No point in having a go at them for trying to maximise profits. In this case not only do people want the Mario games, they would also buy a GBA in order to play classics such as this on the move.

IMHO Nintendo would be retarded not to do this.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Relax folks, if you plan to flash this to a cart, the fix is an IPS patch, which i will not point you too, but simply say it is available, if you want to use VBA, start the game, go to Emulator|save type|make sure Flash 128k is checked, the hit Ctrl+R to reset the VBA, and it will work fine.

FAR

First Person Shooter
It doesn't work for me. I've tried everything that was suggested. It still says my save games are corrupted!!!

E

emuguy

mario advanced 4? is this a whole new mario game or another remake of an older one?

Clements

emuguy said:
mario advanced 4? is this a whole new mario game or another remake of an older one?

It's a remake of Super Mario. Bros 3 on the NES, although it closely resembles the SNES remake of it in Super Mario Allstars.

REMAKE-ME-DO! :p

E

emuguy

Is Nintendo gonna rely on remakes for all the gameboys life? Whats the point in buying a game that youve already played before?

Trotterwatch

Is Nintendo gonna rely on remakes for all the gameboys life? Whats the point in buying a game that youve already played before?

The point is, it wasn't available to play on the bus/train etc before. The point is, Nintendo are not forcibly making you buy the remakes. The point is they sell well (and need little development). Nintendo would be retarded not to try to make capital on that fact.

IMO Nintendo would be failing the shareholders if they didn't do things such as this.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I personally like the remakes, (except for SMB2, which is the only cart i have until i get my flash cart) it lets me take my favorite SNES and NES games anywhere I want, id like to see some better SNES ports though, like Chrono Triger, E.V.O. and Uniracers.

eSPy

cheers! this savefile saved my ass. been trying to get it working on my supercard and this is the only solution that worked!