What's new

Problems with New Guy in Contra - Ver .5 B2

snipe1k

Hi,

Using JNes ver .4 contra worked great. I just started using .5 beta 2 and if you die with a guy, the new guy never appears. Don't know what's causing it, but thought I should let you know.

- Jim

OP
S

snipe1k

Reply to New Guy in Contra troubles

Actually, I can give more specific information about this after trying out different things. It actually works fine under normal conditions (even using the 30 guy cheat (up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-B-A-Start), but when I go to the options menu and select cheating and set for each new guy to have the spread gun, and to keep guns after dying, that's when the new guy doesn't come out after he dies. But I also haven't entered a cheat code - I don't have one / know any -, do you think that would have something to do with it. Or is it a glitch in the game or the emulater?

- Jim

snipe1k said:
Hi,

Using JNes ver .4 contra worked great. I just started using .5 beta 2 and if you die with a guy, the new guy never appears. Don't know what's causing it, but thought I should let you know.

- Jim

revl8er

That Damn Good
Yeah I was kinda wondering what he was talking about with .5 beta 2. It works fine with 0.5.1, so maybe you should download it.