What's new

sixtyforce 0.7.0 released

gerrit

sixtyforce 0.7.0 has been released!

Go grab it at: http://www.sixtyforce.com/

After the beta releases of 0.7.0, the emphasis in the final version was on making sixtyforce as stable as possible. sixtyforce may still suddenly quit, but it should not crash. (This is especially important to OS 9 users!)

Now that it's out the door, I'm going back to add new features and make some of those core changes I've been dying to make =)

Bug fixes in sixtyforce since beta 4:

- Fixed a situation where you could get endless error dialogs
- Fixed a problem that caused sixtyforce to crash when an emulated game crashed
- Fixed many bugs in the cpu core
- Fixed a bug with the code cache that prevented a number of games from running
- Fixed a bug that caused freeze states to load incorrectly
- Fixed a bug that caused keyboard controls to not respond in fullscreen mode on OS 9

Bug fixes in glN64 since 0.4.1b1:

- Fixed a number of combiner mode problems that were specific to either ATi or NVidia hardware
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes in a number of games (For ex: Zelda)
- Fixed a problem on OS 9 where out of memory situations would freeze the computer

What's new in Mupen HLE RSP 0.2:

- Fixed the bugs that caused Mario Kart to sound terrible. (Note: Star Fox still sounds terrible -- Disable the Mupen plugin to hear the correct sound!)

Note: sixtyforce is free and will continue to be free, but full screen mode and saving freeze states are features now only available to registered users. If you put as much work into anything as I put into sixtyforce, you would expect to get something back for it, right?

Anyway, if you want to post any comments on the sixtyforce 0.7.0 release, I'm ready for feature suggestions again! HID support and higher-resolution rendering are currently at the top of my list...

- Gerrit

Remote

Sounds like a solid release :D to bad I can't try it out so all mac people out there give it a shot and post some sweet screenshots for us who god didn't bless with mac's to see... :D

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
gerrit said:
Bug fixes in glN64 since 0.4.1b1:

- Fixed a number of combiner mode problems that were specific to either ATi or NVidia hardware
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes in a number of games (For ex: Zelda)

Are these port-specific, or bugs in glN64 itself?

Congrats on the new release! Too bad I don't have a Mac to test on though...

good, now my B&W G3 a competitior against my other PCs

E-D-i_t: I just noticed the dev. page. Too bad 0.7.0 source isn't availble.. but the SDK might help me and my friend port a few plugins over, eh? hehe.. it would be nice to port or make a few plugins for sixtyforce.

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
SixtyForce is shareware (Gerrit: Call it what you like, it's still shareware) and the first thing that comes to mind when you have the source is to recompile it without the logo showing up. This is what people did, Gerrit somehow didn't expect this and only made on source release.

If the logo irritates you, use Mupen64. Assuming you have a fast Mac, it'll be better anyway.

Of course, just using a PC would be easier and make far more sense...

apexad

Lillymon said:
Of course, just using a PC would be easier and make far more sense...

Just a heads up for the future. This violates the forum policy. We all know PC Emulators are far further, but N64 emulation is not the only reason people have a mac, infact, it probably is not a reason. So do not suggest that Mac users get PC's just because N64 emulators are a little further in development.

As for the release! Awesome! I can't wait to get my mac up and running again. I'll let all of you know when I do, as I will be a bigger presence in this forum.

mesman00

What's that...?
congrats on the release, i'm sure you have put an abundant amount of work into it. now, for the real business, let's see those screenshots!

Rented Mule

Not sure if I should link these images 'cuz they're not mine but this guy took 2 good screenshots.

The obligatory Mario 64 shot:
Conquered.jpg

Golden Eye:
GoldenEye.jpg

osX21

I'm back
Why does everyone have panther! I want it! Anyway, it's a great release. Just wish I had panther to get the speed boost I deserve...

I'm registered. Yay!

kuran

osX21 said:
Why does everyone have panther! I want it! Anyway, it's a great release. Just wish I had panther to get the speed boost I deserve...

I'm registered. Yay!

I don't have Panther, just a Jaguar theme.