What's new

The Mario advance 2 question on everbodys lips

samosas2000

You know the question surely.. It applies to the older version of VGBA and more importantly a real GBA with a flash card (Theres nothing like the real thing ;) ). You load up Mario Advance 2 all excited like, desperatly wanting to relive your childhood in a way mario world can only do, and what happens? Your dreams crash down like planes do various towers by the entertaining yet ultimately frustrating yellow and white japanese text set on an interesting black background. As entertaining and interesting this scene is, it doesn't help my mario craving. Is there a patch out there for it? I know you can't tell me where to get an already cracked rom image so I wont ask (but a hint or two would be nice).

Thanks for reading my exciting post
and Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!!!

Your fun loving happy go lucky
Moe

PS.. Does anyone know what the japanese text actually says?

OP
S

samosas2000

OK guys and gals!!!! I found the tool to fix it!!! Everythings OK now!!! its called srampatch.zip... just type srampatch 64 marioadv2.gba marioadv2-patched.gba into the commnd line after downloading and everythings great!!!! Ive yet to test if everything saves fine but my hopes are high!!! Have fun everyone!!!!

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I never had any problems with Super Mario Advanced 2 on VBA 0.71 so I don't see the problem.

Bravo

hmm

Well i think he's talking about using it on the Flash Advance Linker. Which even with a 256 cartridge is a pain. Lots of newer eeprom games out there need patches to work. Sram patch helps fix the rom. You should also check the tranlation patch for it too. That way you dont have to learn japanese to understand what the heck there saying. So IPS patch it for the Translation. Sram patch for the eeprom. Flash it into the cartridge and your alll set.

Bravo

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Oh then well I don't know how that is/works so sorry I can't help you any further :(

Pheo

Super mario advance 2 (patched version) plays good on vba for me and is great on the flash cart. Only a 4 MB (32 Biit) file.

thomas_callahan

Speaking of flash carts, does anyone have a 64m one they don't use anymore and want to sell? Like if you've upgraded to a bigger one or something?