What's new

A Quick Cheat Fix To Zelda OOT

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
A Quick Cheat Fix To Zelda OOT (E) & (U) V1.0

Incase you have missed it.

Here is one Problem solved for now, until we can put out an Update to the Cheat File.

Zelda OOT V1.0 (E) & (U) Quick Cheat Fix
You can find it on the link below under fixed cheats for those of you who can copy & paste.

(Every bit of input from users, makes a better file) :)

Go play & Enjoy
Gent

Last edited:

bositman

Um..i dont know if THIS is the problem that you guys have already fixed(as above) but when playing Zelda OoT (U)v1.0 all the cheats work but after disabling them, they are still there! I close and reopen PJ64,reload the rom and the save state and they are still there.The only way to get around this is to do a normal n64 save and load from there.System specs at signature

Eagle

aka Alshain
Some cheats (but not all) are saved in memory after the cheat code is disabled. These codes are usually ones that give you in-game items, like in Zelda, If you give yourself the ocarina of time, disabling the cheat will not take it away. You can reload a save game or start a new one without the cheat enabled, however if you save the game, the ocarina cheat will be saved as well, and when you reload, the save game will still have the ocarina even if the cheat is disabled. This is normal because on a Gameshark Cartridge, none of the cheats can be disabled without restarting the game anyway. Emulators are lucky enough to have the ability to disable some cheats.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Um, yeah...
There is some problems with a code makig it not work properly. But can easily be fixed.

In Paper Mario, the coins-cheat doesn't work, 'cuz it sets a too high value. FFFF I think it was. That's way too high! It's supposed to be set to 3E7 (999).

Oh, and, if dunno, but is there a way u think of making a way of disabling cheats re-setting a value?

OP
Gent

Gent

Administrator
Is that the (U) Or The (E) Region Doom ?

Oh, and, if dunno, but is there a way u think of making a way of disabling cheats re-setting a value?

& what do you mean Doom, Like a 0-999 Coins Selection Option ?

Doomulation

Re: Is that the (U) Or The (E) Region Doom ?

The Gentleman said:

& what do you mean Doom, Like a 0-999 Coins Selection Option ?
Um, well, that would be nice, but what I'm referring to is that the cheat sets the memmory-value to FFFF (in hex). Which it A LOT more than 999 (3E7 in hex). This causes the game to think you don't have any money.

I tested that, and it didn't work. So I copied the adress and added a new version of that cheat to make it work. Hehe... I was just testing it, btw. I disabled it later.

The value should be set to FF (255) or 3E7 (999). Then it would work.

And what I was referring to there, is that the when disabling a cheat, the original value of the adress would be set back. Like in Snes9X if you've used it before. And also, I asked for this before, I don't think you guys can fix it, but anyway, a cheat search would be nice. I'm the master of finding cheats ;)

Oh, and it's U.

OP
Gent

Gent

Administrator
Doom, Ive just got to pop out For a Bit (I'll chat to you later on mirc about this) ok.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah, I mentioned in my notes file that some of the values I didn't know at the time, If you find a maxiumum or minimum value for a range modifier let me know here. Thanks Doomulation.

mschaeffer99

Zelda code problem...

For Zelda ocarina of time, there is a gameshark code problem, It's called press L button to levitate. When I turn this code on, link just goes straight up into the sky and won't be able to come back down. But only if the code is deactivated. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Doomulation

Um, yeah....
I've encountered that, too.
Dunno what it is, though.
Still, u can activate it only when u need it.

mschaeffer99

Better Emulator?

Is project64 the very best emulator to use when playing nintnedo
64 games? I, my-self tried other emulators and none of them were better than project64.

OP
Gent

Gent

Administrator
I take it this is a (U) Region you are talking About Here ?

Also, when you say
I clicked on instert after I put the code number in. Then I clicked on Add to DB, when I do this, the program just closes completely and I have to re-open everything.

You mean It crashes, or they are just not in the Menu when you look for the New Codes ??

OP
Gent

Gent

Administrator
Re: US version you mean?

Ok 1st i will answer you with what i think the Problem there is
(but It is only a theory thats still being tested At the Moment)

The Golden Eye 007 (U) has about 385 Cheats in it.

& if you want to add more to that, i feel you would have to remove some Cheats from the file that you think you do not need to allow the new ones in.
But as i say, at the moment its only a Theory.

Edited: Resolved ;)

If you need a Further Chat on your Problem, or have any other PJ64 Cheat Problems & you Have IRC,
The Channel is Listed Above

All The Best
Gent

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Re: Re: US version you mean?

The Gentleman said:
Ok 1st i will answer you with what i think the Problem there is
(but It is only a theory thats still being tested At the Moment)

The Golden Eye 007 (U) has about 385 Cheats in it.

& if you want to add more to that, i feel you would have to remove some Cheats from the file that you think you do not need to allow the new ones in.
But as i say, at the moment its only a Theory.

Yup, you hit it right there on the nose, there is a limit of 300 cheat codes per game. This isn't good for games with lots of cheats, but its better than the alternative.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Re: Zelda code problem...

mschaeffer99 said:
For Zelda ocarina of time, there is a gameshark code problem, It's called press L button to levitate. When I turn this code on, link just goes straight up into the sky and won't be able to come back down. But only if the code is deactivated. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Is this cheat in my file, I change the name of the code to say "Levitate" instead of "Press L..." because of this. The problem is that PJ64 doesn't emulate what are called "Activator" cheats that require a controller button to be pressed for the code to be activated. Instead, the cheats are activated by default and it ignores the controller buttons.

mschaeffer99

There's a way you can have a real n64 controller hooked on to your pc. If I get one to work on my computer, would that fix the zelda code problem? Or still be the same when I use the levitate code?

mschaeffer99

For project64 V1.4 how do I reconfigure a cheat code in case I made a mistake by putting the wrong letter or number in? Or can I delete one cheat at a time?