What's new

Instability with Jabo's D3D Plugin and Project64 under specific system.

Mastergohan

Report/Question, this is to be formal as to enshure quick response and minimize unrelated matterial of this matter, if more informationn is required, respond or send Email..
[email protected], can reach at hotmail of here.

I request assistance with a Graphics plugin issue, which, only occurs under Project 64 using Jabo's Direct3D Plugin.

-The problem does not occur under the 1964 emulator, however, running such isn't an option due to stability issues (Hard Lockups)..

------------------------------------------
-------Explanation of problem------
*The issue is massive tearing of all vertexes to the maximal vissible plane. IE, there is no vissible area of the screen other than mashes of color.
*Issue recurs under all configurations of Jabo's Direct3D Plugin (Which, to my knowledge is the only capable of loading the advanced N64 games..) -correct if wrong. Used versions 1.3/4

System information -for reference
Tyan Tiger 133 (1834X) Duel processor Gigahert system
-Running Windows 2000 Server edition (all compatibility updates, service packs, etx.. DirectX Updates have been installed)
NOTE(New installation, no background tasks other than required running)

*BIOS is set to all minimal, untuned settings, AGP is at 1x... -There are no compatibilty or stability issues, fastwrites, any RW loopbacks are dissabled, EG nothing that could make a vissual abnormality..
*The system functions properly under all other 3d applets.

Devices (Machine is clean)
-Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer (No interupt conflicts/ no sharing)
-Realtek RTL8391 NIC (No conflicts/ no sharing)
-Geforce 3 (Winpro, Leadtek) -- No conflicts/ no sharing, tried running Versions
(Via bus is installed properly, and, issues persist under safest modes)
*Geforce is properly powered, moved processor fan dirrectly to supply instead of bus to enshure so.
---------------------------------------------

*My possible question, is, under the system I am running, are there any specific known problems. If so, and those are driver related, what reversion of drivers should the Geforce 3 be running?

---------
EDIT...
---------
Forgot to add that after 30-40 minutes of running with corrupted graphics, the video memory overflows and system hangs (Hard crash)..

*Second addition..
-Under 1964, crashes are independent of the video plugin (yes, that is important)..

Last edited:

Triz

hmmm

dude setting your agp to 1x isn't really recommended for anything but you should leave it at 2x or 4x if its stable cause it can cause problems even at that low of a tranfer rate and try using the 23.10 drivers their better than that FU#@$#$ that the 23.11 drivers are or you can try the 22.80 drivers but they make a few graphic glitches in some games at 32bpp