What's new

sixtyforce 0.7.0 beta 2

apexad

It's here! Anyway, if you were on IRC you knew that I knew about this (and put it in the #emulation64 topic) on August 22nd when it was released. So, I don't know if other sites has posted about it yet, but it does not matter, because we had it first in one way or another!

Here is a quick and short what's new list written by gerrit.
<font class=post_quote>
- compatibility fixes
- speed improvements
- graphic plugins
- up to 4 configurable controllers
- added sram and flashram emulation
- rewritten interface for OS X
- and much much more...</font>

For downloads and more detailed notes on what's new in this beta, head over to the sixtyforce 0.7.0 sneak peak page

ShadowPrince

nicedude455 said:
Next version will be shareware! I will contiune to love mupen64 and it's open source glory :D

Compatibity nowhere near Mupen compatibility level,according to compatibility list on his site,dunno about speed.
About shareware,it's author choice,and i personally don't think,that it's reason not to use or support this emu.We are talking about "huge" sum of $7,and i understand that emu anyway playable without it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
No, but its a reason to complain about minor gripes :p IE:"I paid for this and i demand it be perfect!"

OP
A

apexad

ShadowPrince said:
Compatibity nowhere near Mupen compatibility level,according to compatibility list on his site,dunno about speed.
About shareware,it's author choice,and i personally don't think,that it's reason not to use or support this emu.We are talking about "huge" sum of $7,and i understand that emu anyway playable without it.

I don't think the compatiblity list has every game that works. It's a very small list of compatible games. However, realize that gerrit has managed to design a mac based plugin system that is pretty close to following zilmar's plugin structure. So, my guess is that once he released the plugin api we will be able to port any zilmar conforming plugins over to sixtyforce.

This will obviously result in much better compatibility.

Finally, about the shareware thing, inless he changed it, the GERRIT logo is really small and in the corner of the window. I don't want to spread this, but imo it does not effect gameplay at all, so registration would not be a must if you just wanted to play games.