What's new

FPS limit problem on fast PC..!

Outside_Eagl

Hi all!

THX 4 stoping by!

I have a very strange but not rare problem (I think).

I just bought a new PC thats like ultra ultra fast and it's all good but, the problem is that N64 games eather go like 400 - 500 FPS or if you put the FPS limit on, to slow.
When the FPS limit is off, the FPS counter shows 400 to 500 FPS, but the game goes way to fast. When its of, the FPS counter shows 60 FPS but the gameplay goes probably like 30 - 40 FPS.
Thats like realy strange becouse shouldn't N64 games run perfect on a really fast PC???

OBS! I have a GeForce Ti 4800 (thats like a 4600 with AGP 8X), with the latest drivers installed.

THX!!! A 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (in advance)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
by FPS, it doesn't actually mean FPS, what it should be is VI's but its not :p

the way i see it 60vi's = 30fps

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah don't sync game to audio, that make it seem even slower to you... the games just seem slow because n64 games DO have a low FPS... if anything, PJ is more likely to run games too fast than slow... but basically when it says 60 FPS they're at or close to the right speed.. there's not a lot an emu can do about this i'm afraid (without rewriting the games or something).

jollyrancher

One thing I've noticed is that with PJ64 the fps of the games is emulated just like the real N64... for example Goldeneye has some slowdown even though it runs at "full speed" on my fast computer. With 1964 the emulator core seems overclocked and Goldeneye runs faster than it does on the real N64 (yes, I have the limiter set).