What's new

The Legend of Zelda: OOT 2D

Remote

Found this not to long ago, he probaly has too much spare time but from the looks of it it could turn out quite nice and original...

Welcome Zelda fans,

This site is dedicated to my remakes of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker for the Nintendo 64, and GameCube quite possibly the greatest games of all time.

Using sprites, sounds, and tiles that I ripped, or edited from the SNES game The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, or made myself... I will recreate these 3D games in a 2D setting, one after
the other!

Although, he hasn't released anything yet but maybe and hopefully he'll soon...

http://www.danielbarras.com/

startup4.gif

sub1done.gif

ocarinaplay.gif

Last edited:
OP
Remote

Remote

Not sure, lack of friends... :p I can agree on it being pretty much unneccesary but if he's doing it regardless of what other people think why not try it out...

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Kick ASS! I like Zelda 3d, but this is cool as hell, I'm a bigger fan of the 2d versions! Cannot wait to try em out.

Edit: Theres a demo for OOT now.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
lol ive just tried a bit of this demo & i gotta say im looking foward to the finish.

See GCN take note even this slashes all over Wind Wan*** :w00t:

My95ZR2

See boys and girls, this is what someone does when they don't have a life, or take video games way too serious. Have a nice day!

Adam

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
It's like asking an emu author why he does it. For most of them it is the challenge or the adventure of just doing it. I'm sure it's the same reason for this guy. I hope that he finishes them too. Looks cool.

Macca

blizz said:

roflmao, that question certainly came to my mind straight away :p

It does seem decent though after giving the demo a try, it'll be interesting to see how it progresses

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I dont wanna jinx it, but this is soooooooooo getting shut down by the wrath of nintendo. Ripping two of their games THREE times in a row? thats just asking for it :p

OP
Remote

Remote

Who says they know about it and from what I understood it got mentionen in the Edge, never read it though it seems to be quite big... So somebody connected to N in some way must have picked it up or heard about it... And it's not like it's compiting and if it's turns out good they might snatch in and release it on gba...

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
Well think about it. Most people probably prefer the normal 3D version of these games (as most people posting here are hinting). So say some newb plays the 2D versions and is hooked on the story or whatever. They might just go buy the real games and play them. So in a way it's like a teaser or an advertisement for the real thing.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
This is old news.
I think it's a terrible idea, and one that's impossible to properly implement. Why not just make a NEW 2D game instead of trying to make the 3D ones what they are not?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Gent said:
See GCN take note even this slashes all over Wind Wan*** :w00t:

You know what's really funny though?

This is basically taking "Realistic!!111!!" OoT and making it cartoon-style like TWW, just not in 3D. ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
This is quite intresting if it gets to finish and isn't "shut down" by nintendo. Mayhap it can be advertisement, but mayhap it will wreak nintendo's wrath on it. He's like ripping stuff from 3 zelda games without nintendo's permission...

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Tagrineth said:
You know what's really funny though?

This is basically taking "Realistic!!111!!" OoT and making it cartoon-style like TWW, just not in 3D. ;)

and still looks better the WW ;)